• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace: adjust brightness

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought PSE-2023. Used PSE 2020 before.

Difference is the brightness of the workspace (in Expert), which is too bright in PSE 2023. The workspace of PSE 2020 is much darker, which is easier for the eyes. I searched manuals for clue if this is adjustable, but can't find any. 

Can the brightness be adjusted ?

With workspace I mean the desktop or main screen within PSE

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-10-11_034027.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pity, but that does not work.
Tried al kinds of places but the space you indicated does not response to a right or left klick of my mouse or my Wacom tablet.
I tried my previous version PSE 2020, but that does not work either.
Maybe this functions in the big Photoshop software, but not in PSE

Verzonden vanuit Mail<> voor Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI was changed a little in Elements 2021, I believe.

You have to have a photo open in order to change the color of the canvas with a right-click context menu:

Snap_2022.10.08_13h18m33s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Greg S. Doin't know which version you of what, but in my PSE 2020 and PSE 2023 this is not working in the way you describe. Sadly, but no response on any mouse click at all. I thin k I have to live with it or switch back to PSE 2020, because the too bright background of PSE 2023 hurt my eyes after a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. I wish there were more options to dim the background or go dark mode 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately not. I wish there were more options to dim the background or go dark mode 

By @BadWolf5150

There is a situation when the right click on the background does not apply.
If (like me) you have enabled your preference to use 'floating windows in expert mode, any window you open will get the dimensions of the picture, without any space around the image in the resulting window. If you zoom out to display the space between the image and the border of the window, you get a window background. You can have several floating windows on your workspace. The right click on the general background does not work;  It works for all the images backgrounds inside the windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines