• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2020 Elements & Olympus ORF files?

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the latest 2020 Elements build, but I cannot open Olympus ORF files from my EM1 III?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the latest 2020 Elements build, but I cannot open Olympus ORF files from my EM1 III?

By @G5E95

That's nothing specific to your precise camera: it's true for any camera just appearing on the market. Each camera comes with its new and unique raw format which all raw editing softwares have to discover and then create a converter.

You need to upgrade to Elements 2021 or to download the free Adobe DNGconverter which can batch convert your raw files to the DNG raw format that your 2020 can read and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's incredibly disapointing as I havent had this software long, and it's already pretty much useless.  I appreciate that I shouldnt have free access to all the new features, and functionality. that comes with the 2021 version, but to not to have support for a camera that went on sale in late February 2020 is pretty poor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's incredibly disapointing as I havent had this software long, and it's already pretty much useless.  I appreciate that I shouldnt have free access to all the new features, and functionality. that comes with the 2021 version, but to not to have support for a camera that went on sale in late February 2020 is pretty poor.

By @G5E95

Do you realize that Adobe and other software editors did not choose that situation, Olympus and other camera manufacturers could perfectly use the well-documented and license free DNG raw format like some other intelligent camera manufacturers have done? You should complain loudly to Olympus for that choice.

As already mentioned, you get the free solution from Adobe by using your old PSE versions after converting in batches your raw folders to DNG. Yes, an additional batch step, not a big deal, but free and with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@G5E95, your camera requires Camera Raw 12.2 but Elements 2020 has only been updated to Camera Raw 12.0.  There is an official workaround that may allow you to install Camera Raw 13.2 into your version of Elements.  See this article.  Instead of replacing the existing plug-in file with the new one, rename it by adding a tilde (~) to the beginning of the name. 

@MichelBParis, you provided the wrong link.  😉 I'm not sure what you intended to link, but assume it was to the DNG converter.  (G5E95, that is the other alternative for you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines