Highlighted

Catalog Issues with Onedrive

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop Elements 5.0 on Windows 7.  I recently installed Onedrive, only to have it move all my pictures from C:\Users\xxxx\My Pictures to C:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\Pictures.  Now, the Organizer crashes on startup (likely because the files have moved).  It doesn't get far enough to allow me to reconnect missing files.  I tried putting the files back in the original location, and restoring a previous copy of the MyCatalog.psa file, but it made no difference.  I can start the Organizer with a new catalog without a crash.

If it would solve the problem, I'd be willing to upgrade, since I'm long overdue for that anyway...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Organizer, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Catalog Issues with Onedrive

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop Elements 5.0 on Windows 7.  I recently installed Onedrive, only to have it move all my pictures from C:\Users\xxxx\My Pictures to C:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\Pictures.  Now, the Organizer crashes on startup (likely because the files have moved).  It doesn't get far enough to allow me to reconnect missing files.  I tried putting the files back in the original location, and restoring a previous copy of the MyCatalog.psa file, but it made no difference.  I can start the Organizer with a new catalog without a crash.

If it would solve the problem, I'd be willing to upgrade, since I'm long overdue for that anyway...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Organizer, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2019 0
Phinny LATEST
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you knew Microsoft support for Windows 7 is ending in in a few weeks too.  When it rains it pours right?  For now, you could download Photoshop Elements 2019 and drive it around free for 30 days to test out.  Be advised that PSE 2020 only runs on 64 bit Windows 8.1 or above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2019 0