• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Rotate stopped working

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to rotate a pix (JPG) using the custom rotate feature and it is greyed out. I've used it before and it worked fine. Is the program corrupted? What is the fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

What version of photoshop elements are you using?

Are you in Expert mode?

rota.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop elements are you using?

Are you in Expert mode?

rota.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my very, very old version, rotating by degrees was easy to find/do. Now I have to know that I must first click on the Expert tab. Wasted a lot of time getting here.

"Are you in Expert mode?" was the answer. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been using Photoshop forever. Got my first version on 3.5 floppy disks in the 1990s. Today i was trying to rotate a picture and it was grayed-out. I thought, "I've used that so many times before (in Photoshop Elements). I know, I probably have to convert to a .PSD." So I did that and it didn't work. So I went hunting and found this. Many thanks to Jeff Arola. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If R_Kelly's suggestions don't work then you could try Free Transform Mode.  For that I suggest watch this video:

The idea is you press CTRL+T and you get a boundary around the image.  Point your mouse just outside one of the corners and slowly rotate the picture with your mouse.  Watch the Video and see if that works better for you.

The Video is for Photoshop but it works in Photoshop Elements as well so worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First step is to be on Advance mode.

then >image >transform>free transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines