• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dan Z [How to make a photobook with six photos per page of equal size and equal spacing. ]

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe photoshop 13.

I need to figure out how to take photos and make a photobook with six photos to a page of equal size and equal spacing.  Is there a capacity to copy and paste the sizes I want to make each pages templates.  Many of the photos are of irregular sizes and will need to be adjusted as well but in many cases I just want six evenly spaced and sized boxes to drag (or click) the photos to.

The program only allows for four to a page maximum (or fixed numbers and arrangements)

I am making a book that will then be bound later

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doctorz  wrote

Many of the photos are of irregular sizes and will need to be adjusted as well but in many cases I just want six evenly spaced and sized boxes to drag (or click) the photos to.

The best way to do this is to crop each photo to size and then place the 6 photos on a blank file (File>New>Blank File). The crop tool is ideal for this, as you can enter the dimensions and the resolution.

The blank file's resolution should be the same as that of the picture files, ideally in the 240-300px/in range.

Let's assume that you have 8.5X11" paper stock. You can fit 6 3x3" pictures comfortably.

The work flow would be:

1. File>New>blank file. W=8.5", H=11" , Resolution 300 px/in, Background:White
  2. Open picture #1, Edit>copy
  3. Go back to the blank file, Edit>paste. Picture #1 will come in on its own layer
  4. Activate the move tool, and position picture #1
  5. Do the same for pictures 2-6. Each one will be on a separate layer, affording you perfect control..

If you wish to make your own template, try the following:

Set foreground color chip to black or any color to suit

Activate the Rectangular Marquee tool, Mode - fixed size, and set W=3", H=3"

1. Go to File>New>Blank file. W=8.5", H=11". Resolution 300px/in, Background:Transparent
  2. Left click with the Rectangular Marquee tool, then go to Edit>Stroke(Outline)Selection. Make Stroke about 6px, position it inside.
  3. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants outline
  4. Duplicate Layer 1, and position the rectangular box on both Layer 1 & Layer 1 Copy.
  5. Duplicate Layer 1 Copy to get Layer 1 Copy 2
  6. Repeat until you have the original layer and the 5 "copy" layers.
  7. Go to File>Place, point to Picture #1, and place. Drag in to box #1
  8. Repeat for Pictures 2-6.

TIP: Open the grid for orientation. View>Grid. It will not print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning:

I am trying to understand what you mean by this. When I do the blank file, it pulls me out of my photobook and gives me one blank page to work on. Am I supposed to then copy this and paste into the photobook.

I have not worked through the template advice yet. If I can just click on a photo position and copy it than I could just paste it right alongside the first photo until I get the number I wish on that page.

I really wish there was a way to put the photo in the photo position spot and then have the program auto adjust it to fit the space. Probably too much to ask of the program

Thanks. I will keep in touch

Dan Zilverberg

Belle Plaine, Minnesota

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can bring photos into the program but cannot copy and paste either brought in photos or even the "photo space" itself.

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doctorz  wrote

I can bring photos into the program but cannot copy and paste either brought in photos or even the "photo space" itself.

Thanks

Dan

I thought that you wish to place photos on one sheet of paper, and that over time these sheets would be incorporated into a book. This is a manual process.

File>New>Blank file brings up just that, the canvas.

After you have the blank file set up as delineated above, open a picture file, go to Select>all, Edit>Copy to put it on the clipboard, go back to the blank file, then Edit>Paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to work in the Elements Photobook and (after the cover page) put it in elements photobook format but I guess I could save each page as an individual sheet and number them in a folder. I also cannot figure out how to put six of them on this individual sheet, as the file keeps kicking back to one picture per sheet.

We will figure this out as I work more with what you are telling me.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Have a nice weekend.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We look forward to your progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate everything you are trying to do for me. It is a very important project of the archives of one of the greatest farm cartoonists in the world (and my father). I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines