• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 12 an Mojave

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 12 and I have now upgraded my mac to Mojave - Elements 12 now ends when I try, for instance, to enlarge a photo. Is Elements 12 not compatible with Mojave?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This might be becuase your mac(OS 10.14 Mojave) is configured to run only 64 bit apps. As mentioned by Apple Mojave might be the last Mac OS supporting 32 bits App. You will need to run the below command in terminal to allow 32 bits App.

sudo nvram boot-args=""

Please use Admin password when requested.

Also we can check all the legacy apps on your machine using below steps:

1. Click on the Apple icon on your Mac’s Top Toolbar.

2. Select About This Mac.

3. Next, Choose System Report …

4. Now, select Software > Legacy Software from the System Reports screen.

5. You’ll now see a list of apps on your desktop or Apple laptop screen that will no longer be supported on Macs beginning in 2019 with the successor to macOS Mojave.

I would suggest you to explore the latest versions of Elements, you can use it for 30 days as Trial and then purchase it or upgrade the previous license.

Make sure you choose 64 bit from below link.

Latest Version Download Link: Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

Upgarde Link: Do I qualify for a free Adobe product upgrade?

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 14 and this worked for me.  open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can run photoshop elements 12 on mojave but adobe isn't being proactive about telling you how.   They are just looking to sell you new software requiring a monthly or annual subscription.    follow this link to see how to run 12 on mojave.  https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Port2Port answered this. My Photoshop Elements 12 wasn't working after i upgraded to Mojave. Go to System Preferences, Security & Privacy, Accessibility, and check Photoshop Elements 12. Now it works and does not close every time I try to do something in it! Hooray. Thanks Port2Port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, and thanks port2port and nancyhuntting.  That worked for me, and I'm very happy to have Elements 12 back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly the software community is endeavoring to force the consumer into annual prescription software. Until the consumers, we, rise up in righteous indignation and refuse to play their corporate game we will continue to be their pawns.

I have communicated to Apple I will refuse further updates and make no further product purchases until they take the lead and fight software annual licensing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved problem with closing Photoshop Elements 12 on Mojave.

Go to system preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy Tab and check Photoshop Elements to allow control your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines