• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements12 is slow after installing PS21 & LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PS CS6 with PSE12 and all was well. Recently I decided to update to PS21 &  LR Classic and ever since the operation of  Elements has slowed by 2/3rds. It eventually gets to where I want it to go, but the waiting is a problem that has to be solved. If I have to upgrade Elements to PSE21 to resolve this, I will but I'd like to know if it would be slow as well. I like PSE's Organizer and my workflow suits me; I don't want to have to use LR. You assistance will be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Organizer , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lösung: PSE 2020 als Testversion installieren aber nicht aktivieren. PSE 2021 läuft ohne Probleme. Aber PSE 2019 liest seit April 2021 keine Metadaten. Exakt nach 2 Jahren! Keine lebenslange Software! Der Support für PSE 2019 ist eingestellt. Hile seitens Adobe gibt es nicht!

Wir als Nutzer sollen alle 2 Jahre ein neues PSE (mit Video ca. 75,-€ bei idealo) kaufen oder PS im Abo erwerben.

So werde ich es machen:

Entweder auf PSE 2022 warten oder andere Software nutzen:

Gimp oder Darktable (Freeware)

Affinty Photo (55,- €) oder Corel Paintshop pro Ultimate 2022 (89,- €)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translation of above message to English:

Solution: Install PSE 2020 as a trial version but do not activate it. PSE 2021 runs without any problems. But PSE 2019 has not been reading metadata since April 2021. Exactly after 2 years! No lifelong software! Support for PSE 2019 has ended. There is no help from Adobe!

As users, we should buy a new PSE (with video approx. € 75 at idealo) every 2 years or purchase PS as a subscription.

That's how I'm gonna do it:

Either wait for PSE 2022 or use other software:

Gimp or Darktable (Freeware)

Affinty Photo (55, - €) or Corel Paintshop pro Ultimate 2022 (89, - €)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know of no reason why Elements 12 should be affected by the installation of the subscription programs.  But we need more details about exactly what is slower and how you are measuring that peformance hit.

If you want to see whether you will get better performance with the latest version of Elements, you can download a free trial copy here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines