• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide CR2 files

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something in Elements organiser. I always see two of every photo in my folders because they contain both the mypic.cr2 file and the mypic.jpg file. Surely there must be a simple way to apply a filter so i see one of each photo.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

eyesonly4 wrote:

Am I missing something in Elements organiser. I always see two of every photo in my folders because they contain both the mypic.cr2 file and the mypic.jpg file. Surely there must be a simple way to apply a filter so i see one of each photo.

Regards

You see two images because they are two different files from the same photo.

You want to see a single thumbnail in the browsing space.

So, let's start with the way you set your camera:

- Either you shoot only 'raw' (.CR2) format and you use the editor later to edit a jpeg version in the camera raw module. The jpeg output file can be saved in a 'version set'. A link is created between the original and the resulting jpeg. That's what most users do, and as a result, you can see only the thumbnail of the resulting jpeg, the original being hidden under it. To be able to expand or collapse the version set, you must be in 'detailed' view, shortcut Ctrl D, not in the default 'adaptative' view.

- Or you shoot both CR2 and jpeg. Since there are two 'originals', no version set can be created, but you can 'stack' both files to get the same view. You have to set the options of the photodownloader so that the stacks are automatically create when you import. If you don't do that, you end up without stacks. Then you can use another organizer feature, the option to 'automatically' suggest stacks from the visual similarity of the CR2 and jpeg.

Depending on the way you set your camera, we can give links to the relevant help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines