Highlighted

How to Delete Organizer

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Photoshop Elements version 2019 from version 2.  I have a system for organizing my files.  Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

jeffb86237542  wrote

Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

You are the boss. Tell the organizer you don't want anything automatic or assisted. Menu Edit >> Preferences >> Media Analysis...

Untick everything.

And when in the 'Save as' menu in the editor, don't tick the box to 'Include in the organizer'. Do that once, that choice is sticky.

Now, don't throw the baby with the bath water... you don't know what you may be missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Delete Organizer

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Photoshop Elements version 2019 from version 2.  I have a system for organizing my files.  Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

jeffb86237542  wrote

Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

You are the boss. Tell the organizer you don't want anything automatic or assisted. Menu Edit >> Preferences >> Media Analysis...

Untick everything.

And when in the 'Save as' menu in the editor, don't tick the box to 'Include in the organizer'. Do that once, that choice is sticky.

Now, don't throw the baby with the bath water... you don't know what you may be missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeffb86237542  wrote

Untick everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MichelBParis, for taking the time to respond to my question. Yes, your suggestions seem to have disabled Organizer’s preference for lurking around and operating in the background.

jeffb86237542

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

As you're looking to disable the organizer, could you please check this article and let us know if it helps?

Bypass the Welcome Screen in Photoshop Elements

Also, please check this forum thread and let us know how it goes. How can I stop seeing the Home screen on startup? Elements 2019

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla  wrote

Hi Jeff,

As you're looking to disable the organizer, could you please check this article and let us know if it helps?

Bypass the Welcome Screen in Photoshop Elements

Also, please check this forum thread and let us know how it goes. How can I stop seeing the Home screen on startup? Elements 2019 

Regards,
Sahil

Yes, you most certainly want to start the editor directly, but keep in mind that some automatic tasks may run if they are not disabled first in the organizer (even if you never launch it). So, at least once, open the organizer and disable those tasks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sahil, for your help. The first link takes me to a home page procedure for Photoshop Elements v.11, which is no longer available in version 2019. But the 2nd instruction there works and is the method I used to create a Window shortcut icon.

The 2nd link is helpful also in avoiding the home page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 0
lhabig2 LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use the Organizer at all and am having storage issues. Is it possible to delete the Organizer folder from Program files? I only need the Editor. I'm using PSE 2019. I keep getting "scratch disk is full" messages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0