Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to download help files for Elements 2019

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi --

I recently bought Elements 2019. I clicked the help button and it tried to get me to connect to the internet. I don't want to connect to the internet. How can I download the help files for local use? I looked through all these forums and never saw a link to use for downloading all the 2019 Elements help files. All I found was a place where a bunch of PDF files were. I want to be able to search by index.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi --

Thanks for your response. I should've specified I'm only interested in the Editor help file. The first link you posted was broken. The second one went to the organizer. Was the first one photoshop-elements_reference.pdf? If so, I already have that. Is that the only Help file?  There's no Windows help files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning, this is not the latest version (I have been able to download it, but I can't find the updated link right now). Stay tuned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi --

No need to apologise. Thanks for your help. I already have that file. I'm disappointed there isn't a Windows help file available. I like the indexed summaries rather and a Find search. For instance, I wanted to know how to copy a line I'd just drawn. In the old Elements, I would select the line then just press ctl-C then ctl-V and it would make a new layer with the line copy in it. Evidently, that function has been deleted. Now I have to go through this painful copy layer operation and if I want to copy the line many times and move the copy, it is difficult.

The point is that searching for the word COPY in the PDF file returned 97 results. 97!!! Glancing down an index list showing where it was used would've saved considerable time.

Thanks again.

BK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the word 'copy' is not precise enough.

It may be useful to test the feature in the "home screen" to do a text search in the online help. This is a good reason not to skip that home screen. I have found that having the home screen open together with the editor and the organizer really makes my workflow faster with very fast switching between the three modules and without wasting RAM or processor resources.

The old tip to do a Web search starting with "helpx;...." is good to know to find something in the Adobe documentation.

For instance, "helpx; Photoshop Elements; copy file" returns many links. However "copy" is too vague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines