• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set IPTC or copyright to apply all new images

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 - is there a way I can preset the IPTC so it will automatically apply to every image I load to Photoshop Elements?  To secure my images to protect from theft if I post online, etc.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can launch Organizer when importing from camera, card reader or other connected device. Press Ctrl+G to bring up the downloader. The Advanced button lets you add metadata & copyright information.

For photos already added to the Organizer, select a batch of thumbnails and in the right-hand information panel click the button “Edit IPTC Information”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon - thank you for your response.

How can I create a 'template' or something like that, that will apply to all photos automatically.  A template of the copyright infor and the IPTC.  This is to protect my artwork primarily.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You manage templates from the editor, menu File >> File Info... in the IPTC section. The template button is the 2nd from left in the bottom. You can edit, import, export in the metadata templates folder. You can access those templates at download as indicated by 99jon.

Edit:

Also, my old Canon 20D can store those values automatically in the metadata header of its files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MichelBParis - thank you.  I'll try some of this and get back if I still have questions.  I have a Canon PowerShot SX720Hs and I'll see if I can program that.  It would be easier if I could.  In Photoshop Elements I have not been using the 'Organizer'.  Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines