• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do not want the update, but I do want to use Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor 19.0

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, 19.0 (20210126.m.155261), installed on the Mac running Big Sur 11.4.

Whenever Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor 19.0 (20210304.m.156367) is opened, a window shows up stating that there is a update available . 

I do not want the update!

But, there is absolutely no way to close the update window, and continue using PEE 19.0.

Therefore, even the option to close PEE 19.0, is to force quit it.

Is there a way to continue using PEE 19.0, without that irritating and obtrusive update notice locking me out?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you not want the free update?  I'm not a Mac user but I believe it fixes a numer of issues with Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't want the update as it installs garbage that doesn't play well with the operating system. 

I keep nuking the Mac of it, and the computer runs great again. 

But every time I end up installing an update for PE, the same garbage gets reinstalled.

But this time, after the garbage was removed, and I attempted to use PE, the obtrusive 'Update' window shows up.

Previously, I could close the window, and carry on using what I paid for.

But now there is no option to simply close the window, and carry on. 

I've purchased just about every PE since Number one.

In fact, I still have the print manuals for Numbers one and two. 

If I'm no longer able to use PE the way I want to, my only recourse will be to nuke this PE off my Mac, and use another photo editor.

I do have at least six quite capable apps on the Mac. 

Perhaps, if I'm still able to, I'll reinstall an earlier version of PE.

And, if I'm able to successfully do so, hopefully no extra unwanted garbage also gets installed.

This could be the very last PE that I'll ever purchase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines