Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe Photosop Elements

Organizer

I wish to move my files/pictures from a hard-disk, say J, to a SSD, say I

I wish to move an entire folder, say My_pictures from J to I

I guss I cannot move them like this without informing the Organiser Catalog somehow

But I don't see the command to do that, other than export files, individually

Any idea

Help appreciated

Best

Daniel

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Hi Daniel,

As you want to move the images to another drive, you can simply move the images and then reconnect the images in Elements Catalog. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/troubleshooting-catalog-issues.html#reconnect_missing_files_in_a_catalog

You can also move both the images and the catalog to the other drive, you can check the below article for more details on this: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Third (and easiest) solution.

In the left folders panel, drag and drop the master folder to move to the destination drive.

Simple... but be patient. That requires copying the files from one drive to another.

Is that solution better than the backup and restore?

Not quite, but I can testify that it's safe enough. I had a power failure at 90% copy. No source files were deleted. I just had to delete the already copied files before retrying. Much safer than the same drag and drop in Lightroom.

Is tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

"The problem is that I cannot Iddentify my drives... The letters D and I in the left Organiser Folder panel do not seem to reflect the drivers in in the Windows File Explorer"

You can check the drives shown in the organizer by right clicking on the letter drive.

That opens the Windows Explorer in that drive. You have two interesting options: reveal in explorer and show all subfolders.

The last option is to display the subfolder which don't contain media files.

If you want to move your library to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

I did as you advised, just moved the folders from the HD to the SSD, When finished, I disconnected the HD, I opened the Organiser  and then I started to reconnect to te missing pictures. After a few manual reecovery, Organiser continued by itself.

I have to add that since everything - my catalog and the pics - are on a 1T SSD, the process is much faster than it was on a conventional HD. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

As you want to move the images to another drive, you can simply move the images and then reconnect the images in Elements Catalog. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/troubleshooting-catalog-issues.html#reconnect_mi...

You can also move both the images and the catalog to the other drive, you can check the below article for more details on this: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third (and easiest) solution.

In the left folders panel, drag and drop the master folder to move to the destination drive.

Simple... but be patient. That requires copying the files from one drive to another.

Is that solution better than the backup and restore?

Not quite, but I can testify that it's safe enough. I had a power failure at 90% copy. No source files were deleted. I just had to delete the already copied files before retrying. Much safer than the same drag and drop in Lightroom.

Is that solution much quicker than backup and restore? No if you consider a backup is necessary before such a drastic move.

Keep in mind that the drag and drop solution does not move the catalog itself, only a folder branch. It may move the whole master folder or just a subfolder with its own subfolder tree. The backup and restore also moves the catalog folder to the destination drive as well as all the photo files folder tree.

If the issue is the limited size of the SSD, it may be wise to maximize performance to keep the catalog folder on the SSD (default) drive and only move all or part of the photo folders tree to another conventional drive. Also, if possible, set the scratch disk to the SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michel

'In the left folders panel, drag and drop the master folder to move to the destination drive.'

The problem is that I cannot Iddentify my drives... The letters D and I in the left Organiser Folder panel do not seem to reflect the drivers in  in the  Windows File Explorer...https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhZLo3TFhkcTsbEpiYvhqNnm2yXp7w?e=oXKpoL 

Thanks for the help

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The problem is that I cannot Iddentify my drives... The letters D and I in the left Organiser Folder panel do not seem to reflect the drivers in in the Windows File Explorer"

You can check the drives shown in the organizer by right clicking on the letter drive.

That opens the Windows Explorer in that drive. You have two interesting options: reveal in explorer and show all subfolders.

The last option is to display the subfolder which don't contain media files.

If you want to move your library to a folder which does not contain media files, just copy a test file there temporarily so that the subfolder stays displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did as you advised, just moved the folders from the HD to the SSD, When finished, I disconnected the HD, I opened the Organiser  and then I started to reconnect to te missing pictures. After a few manual reecovery, Organiser continued by itself.

I have to add that since everything - my catalog and the pics - are on a 1T SSD, the process is much faster than it was on a conventional HD. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines