• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Negative to positive

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question.  I am using adobe photoshop elements 8.0 on my computer.  I am using an HP scanner to scan large format color and black and white negatives for archiving.  I want to change these negative images into positive ones using adobe.  It seems the way this is done is to click "image-adjustments-invert".  I do not seem to have this feature in this version of Adobe photoshop.  The operating system on this computer is Windows 7.

Can a negative be converted to a positive using adobe photoshop 8.0 running under windows 7.  If not, what would be the oldest version of adobe photoshop with the negative to positive capability compatible with windows 7.

Thank you, Pete

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

peterf48718072  wrote

I have a question.  I am using adobe photoshop elements 8.0 on my computer.  I am using an HP scanner to scan large format color and black and white negatives for archiving.  I want to change these negative images into positive ones using adobe.  It seems the way this is done is to click "image-adjustments-invert".  I do not seem to have this feature in this version of Adobe photoshop.  The operating system on this computer is Windows 7.

Can a negative be converted to a posit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peterf48718072  wrote

Can a negative be converted to a positive using adobe photoshop 8.0 running under windows 7.  If not, what would be the oldest version of adobe photoshop with the negative to positive capability compatible with windows 7.

Thank you, Pete

Pete,

Press CTRL+I to invert

Press CTRL+Z to undo invert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In pse 8 it's under Filter>Adjustments>Invert or the shortcuts written above by hatstead.

adji.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines