• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie needs help - Bevel & Emboss

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements 15. I am doing a tutorial and for the life of me I cannot find bevel and emboss.

The lady is using Photoshop Cs something. This is where I'm stuck:   I click the fx button but no bevel and emboss

comes up, hence I cannot find inner shadow to change settings. Elements 15 is so different, never had trouble

with Photoshop. Please answer asap if you can, thanks so much.

12.  At the bottom of the layer palette, click on the Add a Layer Style button (the fx icon again), and choose Inner Shadow and change your settings to the ones in the picture below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have moved your post to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get an answer relevant to your application

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one ever answered me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dorothyk26078384  wrote

No one ever answered me

That happens on week-ends where the usual volunteers are busy away as well the staff...

The layer style applies to a layer (not the background).

You are in Elements 15.

On the bottom bar, you see various icons: Photo bin, tool options, undo... and on the right you have the 'Styles' icon (3 cards).

When you click on that icon, you get a dropdown menu with 'bevels' as the first choice. That bevels choice displays various styles from which you can choose and double click to apply the effect. Next to the right of the 'bevels' style title, there is a cogwheel to change the settings to your taste. When you are back to your 'layers'  panel (layers icon on the same bottom bar), you can see the black 'fx' icon on the right of the layer name. That fx icon lets you edit your settings. Double click to change settings, right click for other contextual menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but that didn't work either, I click the styles and I scroll to bevel as I have many styles, this leads me to the layers styles eventually. There's a quicker way to get to that area but that is not what I need. In the tute, I am putting the white outline or sticker effect look on my text, it says to double click the text and the bevel and emboss sections opens and it doesn't. It has the style things in it too but no emboss with the bevel.  maybe no one understands what I 'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dorothyk26078384  wrote

I am using Photoshop Elements 15. I am doing a tutorial and for the life of me I cannot find bevel and emboss.

The lady is using Photoshop Cs something. This is where I'm stuck:  

12.  At the bottom of the layer palette, click on the Add a Layer Style button (the fx icon again), and choose Inner Shadow and change your settings to the ones in the picture below.

PhotoCs something. What is that?

In the picture below. What picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines