Highlighted

Photos won't open in PSE15 when opening from a file

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PSE15 for years now and recently photos won't open automatically in PSE15 when clicking a photo from a file.  This has only happened recently.  Could it have been after the RAW download I clicked on?  The photos will open from inside PSE but this is as a nuisance as it all involves double entries.

What is the best solution to return to a version before the latest RAW download.  Is there a setting to open photos automatically in PSE15?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photos won't open in PSE15 when opening from a file

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PSE15 for years now and recently photos won't open automatically in PSE15 when clicking a photo from a file.  This has only happened recently.  Could it have been after the RAW download I clicked on?  The photos will open from inside PSE but this is as a nuisance as it all involves double entries.

What is the best solution to return to a version before the latest RAW download.  Is there a setting to open photos automatically in PSE15?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marjapples  wrote

There has been no recent updates to the ACR plugin in PSE15, so, could it be that you have manually downloaded a recent version of the plugin for the full Photoshop? The latest ACR version compatible with PSE15 is version 9.10 and it should be installed either automatically or manually from the menu Help >> Updates.

Are the photos you want to open raw files which did open normally before your download, or normal (jpeg, psd, tiff, png) files?

Am I right to understand that you can't open such a photo when you select it in the Explorer or Finder to open it?  And that the file opens ok if you use the command Open in the editor?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Am I right to understand that you can't open such a photo when you select it in the Explorer or Finder to open it?  And that the file opens ok if you use the command Open in the editor?"       Yes that is correct.  I am using jpeg and tif files.

After a lot of trying to find a solution I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled it.  This seems to have fixed the problem.  Should have done that in the first place.  I suspect an auto download somewhere has upset the settings.  Often happens.

Many thanks to all who helped by replying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0