• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 14. There was an error opening your printer....

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please. This is driving me mad, everything was working fine for about 10 months and then all of a sudden when I go to print I get an error message:

There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents.

I've looked on this forum and tried previously suggested options, like press space when selecting print and that doesn't work, I've deleted the whole program and re-installed from new but it's still the same. I've made sure drivers are updated for the printers, checked for updates on photoshop elements 14, but I can't get it to work. I can print from all other programs just not this one, and it was working fine before. I think there may have been a windows update when it went wrong, so not sure if that changed anything. Once I've hit print the error message comes up and doesn't even load the print options window, and after that the print button is greyed out so I have to close the program and open it again to try again. I can't find any way of getting chat help from Adobe, so I'm here asking for any help.

PS-Error.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forced Windows 10 update may be the culprit.

Are you unable to print both via Editor & Organizer?

Have you deleted preferences in PSE to default? Suggest that you try it - nothing to lose..

In Editor, expert tab, go to Edit menu>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've just deleted preferences like you suggested and nothing changed.

I'd never actually used the organizer so hadn't tried it, but I just tried it there and when I went to print the whole program froze and the following warning came up:

PS-Error1.JPG

As you may guess I'm not very techy, I use elements in a fairly basic way so I'm a bit lost when there's a problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Elements Oragnizer crashing, try clearing the preferences.

• (Windows) Use Explorer to browse to the folder:
    %appdata%\Adobe\Elements Organizer\<version>\Organizer.
  • Rename the following files:

• psa.prf to psa_old.prf
    • status.dat to status_old.dat
  • Start Elements Organizer.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but I can't find those files? Will this help printing too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same error message "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."  I received a Windows update last week, and I'm betting this did something to Adobe. I have "Reset preferences on next launch" and still nothing. Is there something in the registry that needs to be cleaned up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as dianep49070726! This occurred after Windows 10 updates last week. Can't seem to find a solution for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally called Adobe Support at 800-833-6687 and a tech fixed the problem for me.  He took control of my laptop and made some changes in the registry, and maybe other places. He said it was the Windows update that most likely caused the problem.  He was probably right, seeing you are having the same problem after the update.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and contacted Adobe Support.  They now have a support document with information about updating the Registry to solve the problem.  The link to the document is:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

The document is a little confusing because it talks about errors when accessing the Performance Preferences, but it does mention the Printer Error message.  The Registry modification did solve the printer issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines