• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 (update january 13th)

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received a notice for an update and I installed it.

When I tried to launch that new version, I was asked to enter my serial number (not necessary with previous free updates), which I did.

Checking for the new version number, I see that it's still version 18.0 (18.0.0.321).

No update for the ACR plugin.

What has changed in this update and why no version number?

(I am on Windows 10 )

System Info:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301) x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update screen indicated only bug fixes and performance improvements. No further information has been provided. We may need to wait for the web page to be updated.

The previous version was:

18.0 (20190827.m136736) x64

Updated version:

18.0 (20200105.m.139301) x64

It’s a bit annoying having to entre the serial number again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel,

We are sorry that you had to enter the serial number again after the update. This is not typical behavior.

As 99jon mentioned, only the build number for the application has been updated while the version number to remains the same. It has not been changed to 18.1. The release notes are now live and you can check them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NOW, after updating 2 days ago,when I open my peviously purchased PE2020 a window pops up saying this is a trial version and It will expire within 30 days. A G G R A V A T I N G !  What is the website link to the newest PE2020 update?  So I can get rid of this window every time I boot up the software?  Thanks --Jeff B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, John and Nikunj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received a message that there is an update. No info at all that it may cost something! I installed the update - now i can´t use the programm anymore. I shall pay again! I never wanted to pay for an update! I was happy with my version!! Of course at the "help-center" nobidy is available!! FRAUD! They offer a update - afterwards they tell you that you have to pay! This is really bad!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to work on some photos! The program (Elements) told me to update - now I should enter the serial number. I don´t have it anymore!! Now I shall pay again!! Now I am sitting here and I can´t do what I was planning to do. I can´t use Elements at all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No info at all that it may cost something!"

Not for me. The message clearly stated:"a free update".

Since I agreed, I can't be sure if there was a way to simply ignore the update, which I would have done, being on Windows.

"now I should enter the serial number. I don´t have it anymore!!"

Why have you lost your license key? If you bought the license to download directly from Adobe, then your key is available on your Adobe account. You'll get more help from other users here if you state your OS (and version) and the way you bought your license. The shortest way to get help from Adobe help desk is to use the 'customer care' and the 'chat' option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to enter the serial number as well after updating photoshop elements 2020 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Actually i had to enter the serial number three different times before it would take, since the Sign-In/activate screen kept reappearing on each pse 2020 launch.

Never had that happen with an update before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something new:

Opening the welcome screen, something did no longer look familiar:

I did not see the notice that I had disabled the auto creation feature.

I checked in the organizer preferences, and all auto analysing features were checked!

All other preferences for the organizer seemed unchanged, except the default folder for downloading which I had to update.

No apparent change in the preferences for the editor.

Am I the only one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I’m sure my prefs have changed for media analysis. I’ve set them to what I want.

It seems Adobe has handled this release as a brand new app rather than a regular update. Hopefully everyone can still locate their serial numbers otherwise support staff will get busy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

That 'update' is annoying because you are not warned:

- that's it's not like usual updates and it looks like a full upgrade, needing to sign in again with your license key

- that some of the organizer preferences have been changed.

That may not be a big deal but the consequences can be critical if you have chosen to disable media analysis because you have minimal system requirements or if you want to import many files from camera or card reader.

I can't help thinking that this 'update' does more than correcting Catalina bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think a similar process to Creative Cloud apps is required where customers get the option to control when to update. I really hate this approach when in the middle of some editing work.

A present these updates seem forced upon us where the only options are to “update now” or “update when quitting”

This makes checking for updates from the help menu totally useless. IMHO Adobe needs to restore the former menu for Help >> Updates and give customers a genuine informed choice, once again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines