Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 6.0 with win 10

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forum.  I just put my copy of PE 6.0 on my new computer that is running Win 10.  The fonts and menu picks are minuscule.  I found a set of instructions for  using a manifest file, but that didn't work, it caused a "MSVCR80.DLL Missing" error.  (A search reveals that there are multiple MSVCR80.DLL present on the computer.)   I believe the instructions were for Photoshop CS6.

I do not wish to upgrade as this version works just fine for my very limited needs, and has worked well for me with my Win 7 computer.  My current Win 10 computer is an MS Service Pro, which has a small screen.  I have a large screen attached to it. 

I have rather sever eye problems (Macular Degeneration), so the small fonts and menu items make use of the program impossible.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

In windows 10 the operating system can take care of that without having to change the screen resolution.

Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 6.0

Find the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, right click on it and click on Properties.

Then under the Compatibility tab click Change High DPI Settings and in the next dialog windows click Override High DPI Scaling Behavior and set the dropdown to System.

pse-6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobmackdayton  wrote

Hi,

.  I just put my copy of PE 6.0 on my new computer that is running Win 10.  The fonts and menu picks are minuscule. 

I do not wish to upgrade as this version works just fine for my very limited needs, and has worked well for me with my Win 7 computer.  My current Win 10 computer is an MS Service Pro,

Bob,

No doubt your new laptop has a high resolution display which is at the root cause of the issue with this old version of PSE.

See if you can change the appearance of the screen(s) so that you can utilize the program.

https://surfacetip.com/set-custom-resolutions-on-surface/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows 10 the operating system can take care of that without having to change the screen resolution.

Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 6.0

Find the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, right click on it and click on Properties.

Then under the Compatibility tab click Change High DPI Settings and in the next dialog windows click Override High DPI Scaling Behavior and set the dropdown to System.

pse-6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, it works great!! I'm sorry, but I could not find a place to mark your solution as correct.  So, I'm including this response.

I truly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it; marked it as correct.  Previous answer was marked as correct.  I don't know why.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines