• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Version 9 prompt size

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the version of Photoshop above, but the prompts like File, Edit, etc. are tiny.  I was told "Color Monitor with 16 bit color video card 1024x576 display resolution at 96 dpi or less are screen requirements to view the product correctly".  

I don't know what that means!

Can somone tell me how on my PC to make the prompts larger?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Terry,

You're trying to run an 11 year old version of an application that wasn't designed to be run on today's much higher resolution displays. 

You need to locate the PhotoshopElementEditor.exe file in the File Explorer. It'll be somewhere like:

c: Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 9

Right-click on the PhotoshopElementEditor icon and choose Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and click the Change high DPI settings button. In the PhotoshopElementsEditor Properties dialog window, click the Override high DPI scaling behavior checkbox under High DPI scaling overide. Then choose System from the dropdown box under Scaling performed by:

Click OK, then Apply, and try opening the Photoshop Elements Editor again to see if you're happier with the interface.

If so, repeat the same process again for the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer, which is somewhere like:

c: Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Elements 9 Organizer

Just a side note - you say you "downloaded" this application. Where did you download it from? If you haven't legitimately purchased a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements, I highly suggest that you download a 30-day trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 from Adobe, then purchase a license if the software meets your needs.

Try Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines