• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with red eye removal tool

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the red eye removal tool just does not do anything in my photoshop elements 15.  Operating system windows 10.  I click on the tool and click on the red eye and a circle of dots appear momentarily but no black appears...  Can anyone tell me what the problem is.  Looks so easy on the utube tutorials but doesn't work that way on my computer.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some photos just aren't amenable to the red eye tool.  If you would like to post a problem sample here, we can see whether the tool should work on it.  If you have had success in the past but it has suddenly stopped working, you can try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the reply. As I searched for a picture to send you for demonstration I discovered the tool was working!! One issue I did see was that when I clicked on an eye that was not really bright red, the program darkened the mouth of the little girl instead. I think maybe when I thought it was not working some other unnoticed area of the pictures I was working on were going black.

Dorcas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of clicking on the eye, the tool sometimes works better if you use it to click and drag a rectangle around the eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that and it didn't make a difference.  With my 'problem eyes' I make a circle selection around them and then lower the saturation of red and darken.  It works quite well most times but is more time consuming than clicking with the eye removal tool would be.  I am at least glad to see the tool does work for me in some cases.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines