• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2019 error 0xc000007b when trying to launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I purchased; downloaded and installed PhotoShop Elements 2019.  I had been using PSE 9 and decided it was time to update to the latest version.

I keep getting the error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application."

I have tried replacing the MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCR80.DLL files as a staff member suggested in another post to another person.  (I downloaded from the direct link the staff member provided).  After replacing the files, I rebooted but that did not work.

I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit; have lots of available hard drive space; Microsoft DirectX version 11 is installed.  Windows seems to be up-to-date.

The Adobe system requirements says the display resolution should be at 1280x800 at 100% scale factor.  Really?  My display is 27" I believe and set much higher (1920x1080).  Those system requirements are a minimum requirement, correct?

I have come across you tube videos suggesting I uninstall all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ on my computer and re-install them.  Then read other articles saying that could cause more complications.  I do not know if I should try this or not.

Does anyone have other ideas or a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

It's fixed!  Everything's working!  After much googling and reading I backed everything up just in case I decided to erase, format & re-install everything.  But I did not need to.  (In order to back-up everything, I needed to borrow an extra internal hard drive from a friend and install that in the computer.

1) Yesterday I booted to my Windows 7 Home O/S disc and ran Repair a couple of times -> did not fix.  (In order to do this I had to

borrow a DVD-drive from the same friend & install it in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Peru Bob.  I tried that but the manufacturer's website says my graphics driver is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I also tried going into the Programs/Software Control Panel and ran "repair" on 3 or 4 of the Microsoft Visual C++ and restarted.  That did not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DaniB9  wrote

Thanks for the reply Peru Bob.  I tried that but the manufacturer's website says my graphics driver is up-to-date.

Try an older driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide the Windows Error Logs of the issue. Try to launch Photoshop Elements 2019 first to get the latest logs.

Steps to open error logs:

1. Click on the Start button and then click on Search Box. In this search box, type "Event Viewer". Open Event Viewer from the suggestions. An event viewer window will be open up. There are two blocks in the Even Viewer, Left pane and Right pane.

2. Click on "Windows Log" in the left pane and then double click on "Application" in the right pane. After clicking on Application,  all the error logs on the right pane.

3. Here you’ll get three types of error logs: Informative, Warring and Failed errors logs. You need to find out the latest "Failed Errors" logs (Marked with Red Icon).

4. Double click on the latest error log and share the information in the General and details tab of the error dialog.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.  Thanks for the detailed instructions.  Just now I tried to launch PSE 2019 which came up with the same error message as I first posted.

Then I opened the Event Viewer as you instructioned.  (I've never used this before).  After clicking in the "Windows Logs" and double-clicking on "Application", this is the screen I get.  Note my PC says 10:31 AM when I did this but nothing shows for that time frame.

Here's the screens from when I purchased PSE 2019 and tried to install it on January 1st:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's fixed!  Everything's working!  After much googling and reading I backed everything up just in case I decided to erase, format & re-install everything.  But I did not need to.  (In order to back-up everything, I needed to borrow an extra internal hard drive from a friend and install that in the computer.

1) Yesterday I booted to my Windows 7 Home O/S disc and ran Repair a couple of times -> did not fix.  (In order to do this I had to

borrow a DVD-drive from the same friend & install it in my computer as my two DVD-drives decided they were not working anymore.)

2) Came across an article about running sfc /scannow -> would not work

3) Googled to find out why that wouldn't work and came upon an article to that issue.  I forget the commands at DOS but it had

something to do with trustedinstaller.  Whatever it was it allowed me to run sfc /scannow aftewards though it said nothing was

wrong.

4)  Uninstalled both PSE 9 and PSE 2019 so I could re-install PSE 2019 (just in case there was a conflict with PSE 9)

5) restarted the computer and it was incredibly slow.  To the point where I wanted to give up and take a baseball bat to it.  I was

seriously thinking of erase, reformatting my drive and re-installing everything when I suddenly realized Windows Update was

running.  I haven't been able to get updates to install for a couple of years now!  5 hours or more later yesterday, Windows

Update was done!  Over 170 updates.

6)  Today I re-installed PSE 2019 and came up with a different error when trying to launch the program.  Error 16.   Googled that

and found an extensive article on fixing it involving permissions.  Turns out if I right-clicked the PSE 2019 shortcut and said to run

as administrator, it launched!  But not if I double-clicked or tried to run it from the Start Menu.  I got lost in all the information of

permissions, folders and users and phoned Adobe.  The gentleman I spoke with fixed the permission issue and I no longer need to

right-click and run ad administrator.

Thankfully all the work I did using/saving in PSE 9 loads into PSE 2019 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines