• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE plugins - where are they stored?

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some issues with plugins.  First it would be helpful to know where the heck they are stored.  I just installed a new program and wanted the plugin for it to be in PSE (latest version for Mac) - I went through the process from within that software and it says it installed.  However, when I try to access it in PSE, I cannot see it (I can see the previous version and also a few plugins for programs I no longer use).  It would be very helpful for me to look at the folder in which the plugins are stored.   I wish I could include a couple of screenshots so you could see what I'm talking about.

and yes, I completely deleted the program and reinstalled it, rebooted the computer etc, 3 times.

thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

The usual place for plugins to install in photoshop elements 2018 on the mac side is.

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018/Support Files/Plug-Ins

On occasion they also get installed in

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 2018

If you don't mind, what plugin are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual place for plugins to install in photoshop elements 2018 on the mac side is.

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018/Support Files/Plug-Ins

On occasion they also get installed in

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 2018

If you don't mind, what plugin are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luminar 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Luminar 2018 hasn't been updated to recognize photoshop elements 2018.

Do you have another version of photoshop elements installed and if so does Luminar 2018 sow on the Filter list?

Filter>Skylum software>Luminar 2018

​You could copy the Luminar2018Plugin.plugin from that elements version to the 2018 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I already did that -- when I figured out that it was in PSE 15, I copied that file into the same place in PSE 2018.  After you asked, I went and looked - the file seems to have gotten installed in PSE 13, 14 and 15 but not 18 (or is it 16?)  every time in Luminar when I told it to install the plugin, it must have chosen one of the other versions.

there are another set of plugins in a different area in that I can't find anywhere - I'm going to try to send you a screenshot in case you have a clue where I might find these.Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 12.10.53 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 2018 or 15, 13, etc.

(not your user library, but the macintosh hard drive Library)

Photoshop elements 2018 is actually version 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion -- I looked in the HD's /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 2018

​when looking at the plugins, there is only 1 - camera raw. good thought though.I guess I'll keep looking! thanks, LynneScreen Shot 2017-11-18 at 9.32.43 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

/Users/MyUsername/Library/Containers/com.adobe.pse16editor/data/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 16 Editor/Plug-ins

*For the App Store MAC version*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines