• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE15 editor very slow to launch

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a change in startup behavior; for over 30 seconds the editor is stuck showing Scanning for plug-ins... on the splash screen.  It used to load quickly.  I did a complete uninstall/reinstall with no change.  All plug-ins were removed.  Is there perhaps a way to get PSE to create a log during startup to see what is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

OK, mystery solved!  It was indeed related to plugins; specifically plugins from Topaz Labs.  They recently released updates to two of their products.  In response to many complaints about install problems they created a "utility" whose actions resulted in my problems.

For anyone who has the same problem as me and reads this, here is the fix:

In the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 15 delete all the shortcuts created by the Topaz utility.

The only thing that should be in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original discussion:

Editor slow to begin | Photoshop Elements & More

Note that the problem is different from other similar slowness complaints, it is linked with plug-ins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does seem to be.  However, I used Revo Uninstaller (which runs the Adobe uninstall and also trying to clean up the registry and files after that has run) before reinstalling PSE 15, so I am at a lose as to what there could be that troubles the editor for over 30 seconds.  What is it doing when it says "Scanning for plug-ins..." on the splash screen??

I am looking for any sort of insight or suggestions as to how to debug this behavior.  A load-time log file would sure be helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, mystery solved!  It was indeed related to plugins; specifically plugins from Topaz Labs.  They recently released updates to two of their products.  In response to many complaints about install problems they created a "utility" whose actions resulted in my problems.

For anyone who has the same problem as me and reads this, here is the fix:

In the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 15 delete all the shortcuts created by the Topaz utility.

The only thing that should be in that folder is another folder named "File Formats".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines