• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sizing prints in PS Elements 15 limitations.....

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no size preset for 11x14" prints in PS Elements 15 among other fine tuning options?

There is mo way to neatly match the paper size. Have tried "custom size" with no success. I printed this size (11x14") f in PS 3 for years. Elements lacks alot of options that are needed by those of us who do not use PS in subscription form today. I don't do subscriptions. As a public school teacher for 35 years, with great support from Adobe back then, I used PS3 for many years as a public school teacher with great results and satisfaction. Elements 15 needs a healthy update or upgrade. One cannot fine tune photos as much as is needed. Help us out here Adobe, would you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Hi richarda90932552,

In PSE, "Paper size" options are limited to printers. You can customize "print sizes" but for "paper sizes", printer should have the option of 11x14''.

Hope this information is sufficient to solve the problem you are facing.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and printer do you have?

Are you printing from the pse 15 editor or organizer?

Does your printer have a paper size of 11 x 14?

If not, are you able to add that size to your printer presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Custom size doesn't really help. No listed 11x14" size. Since I never thought that would be a problem and since I just really started using that size, I didn't know. Custom size still fall short of the paper used. I have used Epson and Canon printers. Printing 11x14" was never an issue before. Newer Canons do not have this...never thought that would be an issue. Glad I never quit the film darkroom.

OS 10.12.3 Sierra I will try the printer presets or just reshoot in film and hit my darkroom more often. Got enough supplies for probably rest of my life.

Thanks for your advice! Really do appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not speaking to Adobe, here, you are on a user to user forum.

Printing options come from your printer driver. Custom size does work...

One cannot fine tune photos as much as is needed.

More details please. What can't you do? Other users will be glad to help you.

Photoshop 3 was issued in 1994, CS3 in 2007.

Elements has new tools that were not present in those old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richarda90932552,

In PSE, "Paper size" options are limited to printers. You can customize "print sizes" but for "paper sizes", printer should have the option of 11x14''.

Hope this information is sufficient to solve the problem you are facing.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks!

I should have realized this, but I still think like a film photographer. I still prefer the traditional darkroom and usually use my Canon/Nikon digital cameras for mostly macro photography and photomicrography. Also, they come in handy when the lighting is difficult and image stabilization is certainly a plus.

I appreciate your input. I will never understand why Canon would eliminate the 11x14 size???????????Should have checked that but I was used to my Epson printers for years. This especially confuses me as printing a good digital exposure to these larger sizes is certainly easier than in the traditional darkroom.

Well once again thank you! I have got to get my gear together before the big snow storm we have coming up in the next couple days. Going to go "Ansel Adams" tomorrow with my home shop made 4x5" view camera. I even made an adapter for a 35mm camera body to go on it. Makes a super macro camera that way.

Many thanks and good "shooting!"

Best,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. Sorry I am not on line as much or as long especially during this busy time of year outdoors. I am using a MacBookPro (2015) and a Canon 8720 printer. I had the same prob with an Epson wide format 1400 printer. Anything over letter size will not print to edges or , say 1/4 inch margins. I am mostly a film darkroom photographer, but do not want to mix up a bunch of chems for a few shots. Thus I switch to digital for a while.

My Canon PIXMA 8720 has no listing of that size. First time I have ever had this problem. It lists a whole string of size choices that I ever seen, but none is 11x14." Believe me I had checked each of the choices the closest is 10x12." Then there all kinds of weird to me choices for specific docs.

It prints all but the side edges and bottom of the paper I do not get it. No 11x14". My older Epson printers had fewer print sizes but all that I wanted to use. Guess I will shoot those scenes again on film and take them to the old darkroom. This is one of the many reasons I have kept the traditional darkroom alive in my world. It's more fun too.

Thanks for your help!

Best

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking for an answer for a related, but different problem.  I have used ONLY Epson photo printers for years, 1st a R1800 now a XP 15000. YES, the sizes of paper are driven by the printer, not the computer or the s/w. Go into your printer options when you hit PRINT.  See if there is an option for "PRINTER SETTINGS" If you have more than one printer, be sure to have the right one selected.  click on CHANGE SETTINGS.  That is where you will see the 1) printer, 2) paper type (sometimes the type of paper will drive the sizes so be carefull!), 3) print quality (this is usually set by the paper type), 4) paper tray (if you have more than one option), and finally the big one: PAPER SIZE.  click on that. You will have a drop-down and ALL possible sizes for your printer are there.  you probably don't need advance settings.  hit OK, and go to SELECT PRINT SIZE, if that is an option.  you may or may not want to crop to fit, probably unchecked is best. You will see options, one of which is ACTUAL and one CUSTOM, along with other possible sizes. These are not dependant on the paper size unless you check CUSTOM FIT, SCALE TO FIT MEDIA.  Hope this helps.  for me, detailed info is best, hope you are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines