• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We're sorry but you're in a country...

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15 (the downloadable versions) on November 10 for $74.99.  It was a special deal that ended that day.  I downloaded and installed them both, but now when I try to open them, I get the message, "We're sorry but you are in a country where software distribution is restricted by U.S. law.  This application will now exit.  Please uninstall this application from your computer."  What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you, and where did you purchase it and download it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in the US. The e-mail below came from Adobe.  After I purchased the package, I received e-mail with serial numbers and download instructions.

-      

-    Adobe Systems <mail@info.adobesystems.com>

-    

-  Nov 6 at 9:02 AM

- To

-      

- [email address removed by Mod]

-  

Message body

|

Learn more

Read online

|

|

|

|

Two-for-one photo and video fun. Just for you.

What can you do with all-new Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15? Turn frowns upside down in photos. Create video collages. Transform photos into cool visual text. Remove haze for crisp, clear videos. And so much more. And now it’s 50% off just for Elements customers!

Upgrade now

Offer ends Thursday, November 10.

US$74.99  US$149.99

|

Join the conversation and share your photos with #BestLifeEver.

|

|

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Photoshop, and Adobe Premiere are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

© 2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. To obtain information on how to contact Adobe, visit the web at www.adobe.com/company/contact.html or call 800‑833‑6687.

This is a marketing email from Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 USA.

Click here to unsubscribe.

Your privacy is important to us. Please review Adobe's Privacy Policy.

|

[email address removed by Mod]

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:13 PM

Subject:  We're sorry but you're in a country...

We're sorry but you're in a country...

created by Peru Bob in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussionWhere are you, and where did you purchase it and download it from? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9172224#9172224 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9172224#9172224 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the chat option here:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stanley,

let us know which OS are you using ,in which language did you installed , are you not able to launch organizer , welcome screen too?

also send me logs using tool mentioned below to [email address removed as per forum guidelines] 

Adobe Creative Cloud Log Collector Tool

Thanks,

akshita,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, akshita.  I'm using Windows 10, installed in English.  I'm in the USA.  I'm not using Creative Cloud.  I'm using the standalone software.

Peru Bob e-mailed me to suggest that I chat with technical support.  I wound up with the "concerned team" and Piyush C.  He shut down my Norton firewall and decided that was not causing the problem.  He then set up a new user name with administrator privileges, and I was able to open Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15 as the new user.  In both packages I was able to use Photo Editor, Organizer and Video Editor.  In the opening setup screen in Photoshop Elements 15 for the new user, I input that I was using the software in the USA.  Opening Premiere Elements 15 did not require me to input my country.  Piyush left it to me to manually transfer all my files and settings over to the the new user, and thinking that wouldn't take long, I agreed.

It's turned out to be a monumental task, so I went back to my old user name and found that I could now open and use the Photo Editor in Photoshop Elements 15.  I can open Organizer, too, but unfortunately it hangs up at the Start Importing screen and I have to use Windows Task Manager to shut down Photoshop Element 15.  I can't open the Video Editor because it immediately gives me the same message, "We're sorry but you're in a country..." I still can't open Premiere Elements 15 at all, because I get "We're sorry but you're in a country..."

Is there any way for me to get access to everything under my old user name?  Apparently inputting the USA in Photoshop Elements 15 under the new user name allows me to open Photoshop Elements 15 and its Photo Editor (but nothing else).

To: Stanley Coker <stanleycoker@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 5:18 AM

Subject: We're sorry but you're in a country...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I bought the product from Italy in English with product number: AD006681425IT

and after completion of inistallazione gives me this message:

We're sorry, but you are in a country where software distribution is restricted by U.S. Law. This application will now Exit. Please un-install this application from your computer.

what I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stanleyc18905880  wrote

Peru Bob e-mailed me to suggest that I chat with technical support.

Just to be clear:

I did not email you.  You received an email notification of my response to your thread on the forum.  Your preferences are set to receive an email from the Adobe Forum each time somebody responds to a thread in which you have participated in.

It is against forum policy to communicated via email on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines