• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What font to use for Chinese characters?

New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching the forum and help for over an hour please help!

The chinese characters appear fine in my text box but some (not all) appear as boxes in the image in Photoshop CS4.

I'm sure all I have to do is change the font but does anyone know what is the best one for Chinese please?

There is MingLiu, Adobe Ming Sd and loads more ........ (I'm assuming these are chinese)

My text in the document to go on the website is Ariel helvetica and the chinese characters are fine in this without making any changes to dreamweaver fonts.

Please help I need to upload my website as soon as possible.

Many thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

I don't have any particular font suggestions for you, but PSE is not unicode aware as PS is, so if you can find non-unicode fonts you may have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any particular font suggestions for you, but PSE is not unicode aware as PS is, so if you can find non-unicode fonts you may have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I played round with the fonts and put in Adobe Ming Std and it worked.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines