• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference between PS elements and CS

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i needed Photoshop and movie maker, and since I'm a student at a university i tried to save money getting the bundle of the two.  How are we supposed to know there's such a big difference.  I took high school classes and learned in CS (3 or 4 or maybe 5 im not sure) and was really quite adept in its use.  However now i have this elements version.  Its drastically different and seems like an overall POS to me. Things that were clear and easy to find are now either hidden or just plain not a feature.  I can't even figure out how to make a new layer which was about as basic it could be in CS.  I have a simple image dragged over from google image ( witch it automatically resizes the canvas to fit too which is obnoxious I never asked it to do that why would it assume I want that.)  Several inches on both the right and the left of the image are unusable for whatever reason as when i try to drag the image to the left or right edge of the canvas I'm stopped as if there is an invisible wall several inches in towards the center.  I don't know if its too late for me to get a refund but holy crap I am so livid right now its a miracle I typed this with out a dozen F bombs.  I don't feel i got Photoshop, I feel like I purchased some second rate shit software made for girls trying to upload pictures to social media.  And what was the point in selecting a screen name if its just putting my real name at the top of the post. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is not Photoshop. It's more like Photoshop Light. Premier Elements is not Premiere Pro.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Both Photoshop and Premiere are being sold through Creative Cloud. There is a photography program that gives a great price to Photoshop.

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostp...

http://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_spacer  wrote

And what was the point in selecting a screen name if its just putting my real name at the top of the post. 

Only you see it.

This is what we see:

spacer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the_spacer  wrote

I don't know if its too late for me to get a refund

See here:

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines