• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where can I still buy Photoshop Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Im running High Sierra 10:13:6 and thats the newest OS my Mac can run, I need PSE and from what i can tell  Photoshop Elements 2018 is th latest compatable release, but I cant find one any where?

Any ideas folks, im in a bind with this.

Malcolm

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers jane 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although your computer may not meet the specs for Elements 2021, the program will probably run on your machine.  You can easily find out whether it meets your needs by downloading the 30 day free trial.

Elements 2018 can no longer be purchased from Adobe.  You many find copies of it online, e.g. eBay.  But be careful that you are buying a new box copy.  Although a license can be legitimately transferred, Adobe makes it a hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Im downloaading now, lets see 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that has not worked, says faile, Upgrade needed OS 10:14 min

folks any other ideas?   does the subscription model (full PS) give me options on High Sierra 10:13:6 ?

Best

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to check ProDesign Tools for direct downloads to older versions that might run on High Sierra.

https://prodesigntools.com/

I know with PS you need to have a subscription (there's a special price for the Photography plan), then you can use the direct downloads for older versions.

I don't use PS Elements, so I don't have any idea if you can purchase a newer version and then use the serial number on an older version.

I'll tag @ProDesignTools to assist.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though older versions are available for download from ProDesignTools, you will still need a license number for the older version.  IOW, a new license cannot be applied to an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for summoning! Yes, it's true that older versions of Creative Cloud as well as Elements are still available for download.

With Creative Cloud, you can run previous version(s) with your current subscription. That includes for Adobe Photoshop and the Photography plan.

For Elements though, the serial number is tied to the major release of the software. So regrettably you couldn't buy Elements 2021 and run an older version.

The last version of PSE to support macOS 10.13 High Sierra is Elements 2020:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

The last version of Adobe Photoshop to support High Sierra is Photoshop 2020:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements/2020.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers for coming back 😉  ok, I can get / pay for a licence for  Elements 2020 from your site?

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Photoshop CC has the same specifications as Elements.  I believe there is a 7 day free trial of CC if you want to try it.  (And eBay currently has a new boxed version of Elements 2018 available.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a link for that ebay product Greg? Ive been looking on there all I could find is one item in the States, I'm in the UK,   that says it may have been opened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the one I saw in supposedly brand new, but it is from the US eBay.  I haven't used eBay recently, so can't tell you whether you would be able to buy it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive contacted them, ok one question, would a US copy of this programme have any issues being used in the UK? I would not have thought so, but you never know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful about trying to buy Adobe software via eBay. There are a lot of horror stories.

The worst case isn't necessarily losing your money, as much as possibly getting your system hacked... There are some very real-looking fakes out there, even for boxed software. Would you be able to tell the difference?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/can-t-register-photoshop-cs4-license/m-p/9924547#M52...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thats enough to put me off Ebay 😕  thankns for the warning....

so given I can run PSE 2020 on my OSX, what are my alternatives here to get a legit licence?

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay all, I'm off and running with PSE 2020, installed test verrsion and its working fine...

Thanks you for your help tonight, really appreciate it 🙂

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines