• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Menus greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2019.  When I choose edit in Photoshop from Lightroom all the items in Photoshop under every menu are greyed out.  I first thought it was an image mode type issue but that is greyed out also.  All default external editor settings in Lightroom.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Opening Photoshop first corrected the issue.  For some reason my search didnt pick up those articles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have Photoshop CC 20.01 installed and when I try to open a file from LR Classic CC into PS CC, all the menus are greyed out.  I have tried this many times. Then I tried the solutions you described above: opening PS first by itself does not work. If I click on my most recent file (which was optimized in LR) it brings me to Camera Raw - I don't want to use Camera Raw!!!  Then I can't get out of PS or Camera Raw and need to Open Task Manager to end Task.

I am fed up trying to do something so simple.  I still have PS 2018 and am going to go back to use that until Adobe fixes this problem!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just now tried something else which did work.  I opened Photoshop 20.01 first and then selected a psd file that I had worked on previously and opened that file (even though I did not want to work on it).  Once I saw that the menus were not greyed out anymore, I then went back to LR Classic CC and opened my original RAW/NEF file in Photoshop and the menus were fine so I was able to work on it.  This is a big nuisance to do every time I want to go from LR to PS, however, and I certainly hope Adobe addresses the problem. I don't even see it listed in all the Fixes page Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you RonaL.  I'm having the same issue and your fix of opening a previous file in photoshop before sending a file from LIghtroom gave me access to the menus.  It's a hassle but at least I can edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I've been looking for a solution since forever! I don't have this problem every time I'm opening something from LR in PS but it's so frustrating when it does...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Just updated last night and I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, and I was getting really upset. I'm going to give this a shot right now. I can't believe there aren't more posts about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst version of PS I have ever used. It's buggy frustrating with menus greyed out:- useless. I'm not playing anymore; picking up my pixels and going back to the previous version. Tried-n-true; at least it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing greyed out menus when opening RAW files from both Light CC or Lightroom Classic. Opening Photoshop first fixes the issue, but Adobe needs to get on this one and fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so we're perfectly clear - this is a known, officially acknowledged issue and a fix is in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleased to hear that Photoshop are on the case.  I purchased Nik filters from DxO last Thursday and haven't yet been able to install them in a useable manner.  This is a taste of my experience. 

At the moment, I can open files from Photoshop and Bridge and successfully edit them moving from the Nik filters (including RAW presharpener) to creating layers and using the clone, sharpening tools, etc.  But when I send a file from Lightroom into Photoshop, the Selective Tool tells me that 'Sharpener Pro 3: (1) RAW Presharpener is not currently available'.  Similar messages appear for all the other applications in the Selective Tool.  File-Automate-Nik Collection Selective Tool doesn't help, and I cannot select Nik from the Filter menu as this is greyed out.

In Lightroom Preferences, I've listed each of the 7 Nik plug-ins separately in the Additional External Editor.  The last one showing is Viveza and I can edit in this but Photoshop will return the file immediately as a TIFF without allowing further editing in the other filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM, PLEASE FIX THIS I CAN'T WORK !!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!, cannot work, please solve this huge problem as soon as possible!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

post.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are slow to correct this problem, I advise you to use Photoshop 2018 version you can download it with the creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message to photoshop team: This problem is serious and must be given priority, the software is unusable like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum use Adobe Feedback Site to give Adobe your feedback. Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Ps engineers are not reading this forum we are finished.  I’m not going to wipe their noses for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure some Adobe employees do read these forums.  However it still not the proper place to submit bug reports to Adobe their feedback site is the proper place.  Adobe employees even acknowledge some of reports are indeed bugs by marking them as acknowledge and the bug reports that they are working on as in progress.  Photoshop Family Customer Community  You should check out that site.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my business I like to play a game I call "who is the customer".  I tell employees who complain about clients to ask themselves- who is giving money to who?  The person or entity giving the money is the customer. They have the option of taking their money somewhere else.  While we will not put up with immoral or illegal requests, we bend over backwards to keep our customers happy.

We don't make them jump through hoops if we do not need to.

If they have a complaint about some part of our performance that is negatively impacting their ability to make money and feed their children we do not demand they drill down to some obscure website and fill out a form.  We solve the problem.  We do not demand a request on a silver platter, we go out and find the problems and fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear it's not just me - I've been tearing my hair out trying to fix it! The software is useless as it is and I really wish I hadn't spent my hard earned cash on it. 0/10 for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable Welcome/Home screen i PS solve the problem when coming from Lightroom. It works for me anyway! 🙂

//Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines