Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

213:19 error code

Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is my first time posting on the community help board, so I apologize if I'm breaking any rules.

I have Windows 7 and Photoshop CS6 student/teacher edition.  I've been using it for about a week now, no problem, but I just tried to open it (I had opened it seconds earlier without a hitch), and I got the error code:

"A probem has occurred with the licensing of this product. Restart yor computer and re-launch the product"

"Error: 213:19"

These are the actions I've taken, to no avail:

1) Restarted my computer

2) Tried the recommended solutions on the adobe page, and on several of these discussion pages.  I tried changing the permissions on Adobe to include full access, and I have several Adobe folders so I tried doing it on all of them.  Perhaps I'm doing this step incorrectly.  They also direct me to the "SLStore" folder, but I can't seem to locate this folder on my computer, in any of the directed places.

3) The other recommended solution was to sign in as an administrator and then open an adobe product.  I only have one account on this computer, and that's the administrator one.  I can't figure out what the issue is.

I think it might have something to do with my Adobe Reader - It suggested an update right before I tried opening Photoshop.  I updated it, restarted the computer, and Photoshop still won't open.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

I had restarted my computer (rebooted) more than five times.  And it wasn't a problem with licensing - I bought a real version from my school store, and had no problems with activation.  It stopped working about 2 weeks into using it.

I contacted customer support today and it turns out the ProgramData folder was just hidden.  I didn't know that folders were hidden so once I unhid it, I found the SLStore folder and changed the permissions.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but neither one of those solution pages includes my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences???

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!  How do I do that?  I can't open the program at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT immediately after clicking on the Photoshop icon to start it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work.  I cannot open Photoshop at all, even remotely.  The error box instantly comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've rebooted your computer since you started having these problems.  Not just "sleep" or "hibernation", but a full reboot.

If not, please do so.  The licensing facility runs in the background.

I tend to trust people unless they give me reason not to, and I'm not accusing you of anything, but I want to mention that Photoshop's licensing and activation management is complex, and Photoshop purchased or obtained from sources other than Adobe might be counterfeit or cracked and can be expected to stop working.  Did you get the software and license from Adobe.com?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had restarted my computer (rebooted) more than five times.  And it wasn't a problem with licensing - I bought a real version from my school store, and had no problems with activation.  It stopped working about 2 weeks into using it.

I contacted customer support today and it turns out the ProgramData folder was just hidden.  I didn't know that folders were hidden so once I unhid it, I found the SLStore folder and changed the permissions.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good news.

Following up:  What changed the permissions or security landscape on your computer that required you to change permissions on the SLStore folder?  Did you create a new user account?  Or change some configuration option?  Permissions don't generally change by themselves.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have no idea what happened.  Photoshop worked fine one minute. I closed it.  I looked through some more pictures, then opened it again 5 minutes later (tops) and it didn't work.  The only thing that happened between the first and second times I opened it was another Adobe program popped up and said there were udpates.

I haven't touched the permissions or accounts on the computer since I got it a month ago.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of left clicking to start the app, right click it and select "run as administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works on Windows 8, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I say except a big thank you for your stirling answer and advice, IT WORKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

This works just fine 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny I am having the very same issue - where is the ProgramData file that is hidden and I will try and unhide it as well to see if that solves my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are generally getting the Error 213 :19 whenever you are trying to open the Adobe Photoshop. It generally happens Folder has been set as Read only, you have to set it as read and write mode. And check whether you are able to open Photoshop or not. If you are unable to do so, then in that here are the methods to fix Adobe Photoshop Error 213:19. This error can also be fixed with the help of PSD File Repair Tool. This software will help you to fix the problem in an easy way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve the licensing issue and error 213:xx for Acrobat X and Acrobat XI

Please visit through above link as this one is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just restarted it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines