• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activate.adobe.com is down? Cannot activate and deactivate CS5.5

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the troubleshooting instructions on https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#

I noticed that the "CS5 and CS5.5" link in step 2 directs to https://activate.adobe.com/servlets/status.jsp, but the server reports 503 Service unavailable (in Chrome), reports empty page in Edge, and times out in other browsers/computer. So I cannot activate and deactivate CS5.5, it keeps asking me for Internet Connection, but that is not the issue.

I am stuck with a computer that is barely working and need to migrate my CS5.5 installation ASAP. It is a boxed version and has been working well for years. 

I tried to report this bug but I simply cannot find any contact information to do that.

Thanks for any help,

Tibor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

This is not an activation issue, this is a DEactivation issue. There is no offline deactivation unfortunately.

I contacted support and they did some changes. I just hope that both of my activation tokens are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I can confirm that the issue is the server from the oobelib.log:

2019-12-27 22:13:25 [6416] SLCoreService: License server is https://activate.adobe.com/servlets/inet_sl/sl_v1_7_rclient (protocol=slcore)
2019-12-27 22:13:25 [6416] SLCoreService: Use OS proxy setting:
2019-12-27 22:13:27 [6416] SLCoreService: HTTP Request Status code 503.
2019-12-27 22:14:25 [6416] SLCoreService: Deactivation took 60009.1 ms and return "Network Failure (208:2)".
2019-12-27 22:14:25 [6416] LicMgmt: Fail to Deactivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let's check https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#test-connection

CS6 activation server is fine, CS5 is not responding, but then again I don't have CS5

See if you can activate offline: https://exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote, that was the first list of actions I went through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then try the offline activation link: https://exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an activation issue, this is a DEactivation issue. There is no offline deactivation unfortunately.

I contacted support and they did some changes. I just hope that both of my activation tokens are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's good news. I'm glad you were able to get support. Beyond activation Adobe will not support CS software.

Did they tell you what the status of the activation servers were?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did not look into that unfortunately. But from the log I showed above, the deactivation fails because of the 503 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Well it's good they settled that. Since you got results through Support, I've marked your response as correct. It should help others with the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a very long thread, but other CS5 users are encountering the same frustrations. There might be additional help there if you run into anymore problems.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-activate-cs5-5-offline/m-p/10788046

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having this same problem, and have been told by Adobe support that that the software doesn't allow any offline activation, or any way to activate it manually. It has to be done online. AS they will liekly be switching off the activation server at some stage in the future, I hope they will contacting all CCS5.5 csuomters and providing them with a solution that will allow the software to be conitnue to be installed in the future, without needing the activation server to be active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines