• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe photoshop cc 2014 has stopped working in windows 8

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing problem with the Photoshop 2014 release. It's getting stopped just after the start. Attaching a screenshot for the same.

Thanks

Bhupendra Singh

error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

And as you can see in the crash report, the problem is with your Intel video card driver.  Update the driver from Intel's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Windows System Event Viewer for the details of the crash, most importantly the name of the faulting module.

The most common cause is bugs in video card drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an old version of Google's NIK collection installed as a plugin it will cause the error. Go to Google and download an updated version of NIK collection.

I had to do this and not had a problem since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getting the same error - here's the data from the Application Event log:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.2875, time stamp: 0x507eff6d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000809283

Faulting process id: 0x2448

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf932c23e276af

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report Id: 63f3bc87-ff1f-11e3-bf15-b4b6762260e0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as you can see in the crash report, the problem is with your Intel video card driver.  Update the driver from Intel's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating the video driver fixed the problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how I can tell what in the error report tells me what's going wrong? I've updated my driver and it still isn't working so I don't know what else I can try. Here is my data from the application error report

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.1.0.148, time stamp: 0x53d97a8f

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.2857, time stamp: 0x50529f18

Fault offset: 0x00000000008059c3

Faulting process id: 0x1670

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbcda1802f040

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report Id: 57b87f97-28cd-11e4-be80-8851fbfcab9f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Faulting module name, names your Intel graphics driver (64 bit).

You need to update the Intel video card driver from Intel's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that , thank you, I read the above discussion. I actually have a case where HP had the Intel driver instead of Intel (I didn't think that was possible but it is I guess.) I downloaded the driver from HP and installed it and now it still isn't working. What do I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling NIK fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like all the original people on this post have found a solution to this problem.

For those (like me) who came here looking for some guidance, here is what I did.

I contacted Adobe via the online chat option and explained what was happening when I opened Photoshop CC 2014. He had me go into C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/ and move the file called 'sniffer' to the desktop. Once I did this the program started up perfectly without an issue.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just means that you are not testing the GPU driver for problems before using the GPU, which means that your video card driver can still crash.

The solution is still to update your video card driver to fix the bugs in the video card driver.

And yes, some other users have problems with third party plugins that they installed, and need to update those third party plugins. (different crash report means a different cause - they're not all the same)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ive been trying to fix this problem for a couple hours now, Just found this post and you fixed the problem for me, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the "sniffer" solution - that worked perfect for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, thanks, many thanks from me for this tip, I've spend hours trying to fix this problem, and removing sniffer to the desktop did it for me !!

I work on windows 7 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the sniffer just means you are not testing the driver for errors before using the driver.

Updating the driver from the GPU maker's website to pick up all the bug fixes is the correct solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me...no problem since.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow this worked perfectly thank you  for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the sniffer to desktop and it seems to work.. is there a down side to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the sniffer means you are ignoring the errors from the video card driver and running without a safety net.

Updating the driver is still the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it helps me .. thanks alot bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I have windows 7 64 bit and the other day updated to the current photoshop cc version

And now I get the stopped working error and all sorts of weird stuff going on. Really can't use the program now where before the update things were fine. And upon exit or save get the stopped working error and have to shut down loosing any changes/work. Here is the log from the last time and decided to search the web and landed on the thread. So, any suggestions. Thanks!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    15.2.2.310

Application Timestamp:    5480338c

Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp:    521eaf24

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    0000000000053e98

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:    1033

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a Win8.1 64 bit and after my Creative Cloud updated Photoshop CC 2015 yesterday, my Photoshop keeps crashing after I attempt to close a image file that I opened and modified.  Any assistance with how to debug this issue is greatly appreciated.

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Fault offset: 0x0000000004869ea6

Faulting process id: 0xe94

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a9edb0540bbb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 212205cd-15e1-11e5-833e-f816542ac74e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines