Highlighted

Applying Global Lighting to Many 3D Objects

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a map of the United States and each state is a separate 3D object. Is there a way to apply global lighting to all the objects so I don't have to do it for every individual object?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Applying Global Lighting to Many 3D Objects

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a map of the United States and each state is a separate 3D object. Is there a way to apply global lighting to all the objects so I don't have to do it for every individual object?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have many light source for 3D objects and they can even be animated in a video time line. Photoshop 2D does have a Global light feature.  Thing like Layer style effect can be applied accordingly to a global light setting.  I believe Photoshop 3D has a Default Global light that can be adjusted. I would think you could adjusted it the match Photoshop 2D global light.

insidelightccMW300.gif

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An infinite light source gives global directional lighting as it effectively lights from an infinite distance. So use one or more infiite lights and each object will be lit the same way.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the default lighting when I create a new 3D object is consistent. However, I want to change that lighting all objects I make. I know the 2D global lighting toggle, but I was wondering if there is a 3D global lighting toggle. As it is, I have to change the infinite lighting direction to my choice in lighting direction each time I create a new object.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add as many light sources as you need. Do you like the one I added inside the earth crust above?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combine the objects into a single 3D layer and light them all together with infinite light(s)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0