Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically view current image on second monitor

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to get the behavior one gets with lightroom on photoshop when it comes to always having a full size preview on a second monitor?

I like to do my work on the cintiq, but it's obviously not as good as my calibrated color monitor. Currently, I'm having to make a "new window" for each thing I'm working on and manually moving it to the calibrated monitor. Is there something out there that automates this process?

Lightroom has it and it works great.

Photoshop kind of has it with it's device preview - but that sends the image to an iPad.

Any other ideas other than my manual way?

Thank you!

Andres

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Use the Navigator Panel (set to nearly full size) on your second monitor. The navigator panel is part of the workspace and stays put.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trevor,

Of course I "calibrated" the cintiq, but that doesn't mean it's capable of showing color properly. I have a great 2.5k monitor that it's job is to give me great even color. The cintiq doesn't compare. My model is specially bad because it has that texture on it which makes using the pen really nice, but does not show you what you are actually working on color-contrast wise.

Thank you for that "H" shortcut. I did not know that and it's insanely useful.

I'm glad I came over to post. I haven't used a forum in a while, but I already learned two great things.

Thank you all.

Andres

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if you were wanting to have the photo that you edit on the second monitor, or just to view it.  I presume, as at least based off of what I was looking for, was to have all of your windows open on one screen, and have the photo that you were editing on the second screen.  This way, you could have it fit to screen the entire time, without having the windows in the way.

Well, if that is what you were after, I figured it out.  The navigator screen trick didn't work, because you cannot edit on the navigator screen.  I eventually realized that you have to work a little backward from your thinking.  You do not want to remove your photo into a floating window, and drag onto the other screen, as this does not work.  Rather, keep it as a tab in photoshop, and move photoshop onto the screen you are editing on.  Remove all other windows, and place them where you like on your other screen.  Create a workspace for that configuration, and  Bam, problem solved.  Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines