Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BITMAP IMAGE DOESN'T WORK

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I don't know why when i try to create a bitmap image with LINES or DOTS  it works just with the texture below.

I use the method  HALFTONE SCREEN, but if i select the shape as ROUND or LINE, nothing change and the result is always the texture below.

Someone know why ?

Thanks in advance !

Schermata 2019-02-20 alle 13.55.15.pngSchermata 2019-02-20 alle 13.57.36.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

And if you colorise the artwork in Photoshop anyway you could also use a Pattern Layer set to Blend Mode Ā»Hard MixĀ«, which might provide better edibility.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 15.32.04.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-20 at 15.32.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the fileā€™s resolution sad which settings do you choose in the Bitmap dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try changing the frequency?

test-01.png

This is 5 lines / inch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect also depends on the Output resolution set in the Bitmap dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not change nothing. But i think there is something that i don't consider that prevent me to achieve the result.

I think could be an option or something like that, but i can't understand what.

c.pfaffenbichlerā€‹

the resolutione is 72 and i make it match with the OUTPUT every time, but i don't think is a resolution problem. I did it other times and if i change the resolution it change the size of the shape selected for the halftone screen. But this time it prevent me to change the shape and the result is alway the texture that i posted before.

Here an example of an artwork of mine that i realized usin the line shape, like kennethkawamoto2ā€‹

Schermata 2019-02-20 alle 15.11.40.png

Now the result, regardless of what shape i chose is that:

Schermata 2019-02-20 alle 15.13.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed the frequency yet?

72ppi and 72 lines per inch would seem nonsensical.

Please post the complete screenshots including the dialogs for the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop has just about one pixel to represent one line then that would not be able to produce meaningful results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you colorise the artwork in Photoshop anyway you could also use a Pattern Layer set to Blend Mode Ā»Hard MixĀ«, which might provide better edibility.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 15.32.04.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-20 at 15.32.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot c.pfaffenbichlerā€‹

please could io help me to understand how realize a seamless diagonal lines patter as the one you shown me in the example above.

Is possible also move the degree slope as you please ?

Schermata 2019-02-20 alle 19.40.16.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start with a square white document and add black rectangles.

Then rotate them 45Ėš (and extend them across the corners) and clip the image to 70,707% of the original size.

Then add Gaussian Blur. (see screenshots)

Unfortunately Pattern Layer can only be scaled by default so far, not rotated.

One work-around would be converting the Layer to a Smart Object and rotating that.

But in that case you could just as well start with a horizontal or vertical line Pattern, which would be easier to create anyway.

linePattern45Degree1.pnglinePattern45Degree2.pnglinePattern45Degree3.pnglinePattern45Degree4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you convert to bitmap, what is the Output Resolution you are choosing? It should be rather higher than the Input Resolution:

Then, choose a low value for the Line Frequency:

When you convert back to Grayscale, I would recommend using 1 for the Size Ratio, and then using Image Size to resize the result, as this offers more control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matibuc4eva

Did you find a solution to your problem?

No matter what "shape" option I use under bitmap > halftone > shape (round, diamond, elipse etc etc) they all come out in a pixelated style (see pics).

My picture is 300dpi and I turned it into CMYK and then tried to BITMAP.

section of original artworksection of original artworksection of original artwork (round shape)section of original artwork (round shape)section of original artwork (diamond shape)section of original artwork (diamond shape)section of original artwork (ellipse shape)section of original artwork (ellipse shape)Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 21.34.46.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-27 at 21.31.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Output Resolution is less than four times your Screen Frequency, so you anly have like fourteen pixels for each dot. You need to either increase the Output Resolution, or lower the Screen Frequency.

Here is the res kept at 300, but the frequency dropped down to 16:

image.png

Increasing the Output Resolution will give cleaner looking dots. but will increase the pixel dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines