Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Every drawing action snaps to upper left hand screen corner

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i need help with a bug.

in almost all drawing tools (brush, pen, smudge, copy, eraser, etc...) , after i click and drag a little to draw something, the tool will snap to the upper left hand corner of the screen space.

- this is the uptodate version of creative cloud photoshop in Germany

- I tried resetting Photoshop to defaults (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-Start)

- I tried resetting all tools to default via tool palette

- i tried resetting all brushes to defaults

- i tried restarting computer

- i tried disabling all other programms running (autohotkey, browser, mail-programs)

Hints are:

- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur.

- the bug will only occur if a click-and-drag. Doing just clicks, it won't jump to the corner

- not all tools have a smoothing-% setting, and those tools i can't get to work.

Please help.

kind regards,

Stephan Möbius

problem.jpg

[Moderator Note: PS-37593]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hi all,

Several folks over on our feedback forum have reported that last night's 21.1.1 update has resolved this for them.

For anybody still seeing this, can you;

• Update to 21.1.1
  • Let us know which version of Windows you're using and if the update fixes this for you?

Thanks & regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 107 Replies 107
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no smoothing to adjust when using Lasso tool !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7, PS 21.1.0

Same problem for all the brushes, cloning, stamp, healing etc.

What helped me was to turn off spacing in the brush settings window. This works for everything, except for tools that don't accept 0% value, ie healing brush.

Let me know if that works for you - still waiting for hotfix 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe broker Photoshop Wintab API  Pen interface in the Photoshop 21.1.0 update. Wondows 7 does not have Microsoft Widows INK function. You will not be able to use you Wacom pen with Photoshop 21.1 on a pc running Windows 7 OS.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

10.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here ! 

Wacom Intuos4, W10. PS Version 21.1.0

Really very annoying !!!!

This bug does not exist with the same tablet and Painter 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me with the same setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Several folks over on our feedback forum have reported that last night's 21.1.1 update has resolved this for them.

For anybody still seeing this, can you;

• Update to 21.1.1
  • Let us know which version of Windows you're using and if the update fixes this for you?

Thanks & regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Photoshop  wintab API are still broken in 21.1.1.  Some users can get by using Windows INK. INK API works better than WinTab APB but INK is not free of issues.

Here using polygonal lasso tool

image.png

The problem seem related to the Wacom Pen rocker button configuration if I disable the lower setting I do not have a problem in 21.1.1  in 21.1.0 even if  I disable that button I had flaky problems.  Normally I set that button to Alt+Right Click and that not Problem in 21.0.3.   In 21.1.1 with that set to Right Click its default or my settings I have flaky problems in 21.1.1 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJ.

If I understand correctly, WinTab-Enabled is still not working so well for you with 21.1.1 (semi-expected), but it works better with WinTab-Enabled IF you disable the lower rocker button on the Wacom Pen settings software? 

Or was Windows Ink (WinTab-Disabled) better with the lower button disabled for you?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows INK is not an option  that is unable for me. I had some issues with using it. Most were addressed by disabling windows Touch and Pen press and and hold right click feature and turning off wacom tip double click distance. I forget what all the INK issues I had were.  The main Problem is Old versions of Windows Photoshop do not have windows INK support it did not exist when they were released.   Adobe changes and removes Photoshop features so there are compatibility issues between versions of Photoshop which requires users to have several versions of Photoshop installed. Adobe add new bugs and does not fix some reported bugs this also requires users to keep several version of Photoshop installed.   Wacom tablets  drivers application preferences are triggered by the application executing.  All Windows Photoshop version executable are  Photoshop.exe  so you can not have wacom preferences for different Photoshop versions. So WinTab API usage is required.   If you have  versions like CS3, CS5 installed for use of Web Photo galleries and Picture package.   CS6 change some plug-in support.   Adobe re-implemented ScriptUI in CC 2015 which brakes some script dialogs.   Adobe needs to address issues the quality of is going down hill. 

Version 21.0.3 works better with Wacom Tablets.  But does not have the 50 bug fixes in 21.1.0 and 21.1.1 (semi-expected).

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ,

Have you tried Windows Ink in the latest updates? We definitely had some issues with Ink previously, but recent Photoshop updates have fixed many of the issues that previously existed with Windows Ink.

On Win 10, Win Ink enabled is now our recommended workflow if using 21.1.x.

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter!

I have been having this topic's problems in every version of 21.x since it's first version. (Please see my posted Reply to JJ Mack of Aug. 14, 2020. All of my Computer, Hardware, Drivers, etc. are shown there.)

I tried  v. 21.2.2 and no success. I'm stuck on Photoshop 2019. :o(

Please help... and thanks for all Adobe's efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the update to 21.1.1 fixed the jumping tools for me. I have nothing to do with any tablets or pens or anything though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update 21.1.1 seems to have fixed this bug that was occuring mostly with the brush tool.
I will continue testing but so far, the tests done confirm it.

Thank you for your reactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stephan and Avance!

Glad it's working for the both of you. 

Can you let us know which version of Windows you're using?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My PC :

I7-8700k

32 Go Ram

Ge Force RTX 2080

Windows 10 Home x64

Version 1909

version OS : 18363.720

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

10.0.18362 Build 18362

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 10 Pro using windows INK requires configuration Wacom drivers for the version of Photoshop you are going to use INK for 21.1 Wintab for other versions. So with Window 10 version 21.1.1 works well with Wacom tablets using INK API.  However, Windows 7 does not have Windows INK. WinTabab work well on Windows 10 and version 21.1.1 if you disable the bottom Wacom pen button. I also have made changes to  Windows INK support using Windows Control Panel Touch and Pen app.  Here is what seem to work best with version 21.1.1 with wacom tablets using windows INK.

image.png 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking for the same here, can not use the hand tool like usual, I pan and then press escape to stay right were I want to (really trouble and time consuming). I had updated to V. 21.1.1

Win 10 Pro. 1909 and NVIDIA Quadro M4000.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have Photoshop 21.1.1 configured to use windows INK. That there  no PSUserConfig.txt file in you preferences file with a stylus 0 statement and the you  Have Use Windows INK  checked in your  Wacom Preferences  for pen mapping with Photoshop. Adobe broke Photoshop WinTab support in the 21.1.0 update and did not fix it in 21.1.1.  I have a Quadro K2200 a less expensive adapter.  The crazy cursor jumping and clicking is related to the broken WinTab support.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!
I also am having problems with Photoshop 2020 drawing Tools *and* Menu Tab Menus. I have the same "lines going back to the top left corner", but I also have this weird Menu Tabs Menus "jumping" when trying to select and scroll down a Menu.
I attach here a screenshot of the Tools issue. Here is a link to a Dropbox Shared Folder and File to view an *.mp4 video of  the Menu Tabs Menus "jumping":

Photoshop 2020 Tools & Menu Tabs Problems_1.mp4

I have attempted all the suggested solutions in the several related threads I've found online:
resetting Tools, resetting Preferences, changing Smoothing, unchecking "Legacy Compositing", I can't find "PSUSerConfig.txt" on my computer, Windows Ink vs. WinTab,

This happens with both my Logitech mouse and my Wacom Intuos 4 pen.

My Computer:
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation x64-based PC
Intel Xeon W-2123 CPU 3.60 Mhz, 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit for Workstations v. 2004 (7/29/2020)
NVIDIA Quadro P2000, GPU Memory 5 GB GDDR5, v. 451.77-whql driver (07/16/2020)
Dell P2415Q Monitor DisplayPort (PC), Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (native), driver v. A00-00
(08/27/2015), Display Manager App v. A00-00, 1.5 (07/08/2020).
Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, driver v. 6.3.40 (06/29/2020).
Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse, firmware v. 013.010.00003, driver v. 8.20.329 (2020-05-19)

I tried stepping back through the various Photoshop 2020 versions of 21.X, but the combined Tools and Menu Tab issues continued.
I had to uninstall and revert back to Photoshop 2019.
Finally, here is a DropBox link to a *.pdf containing the Photoshop v. 21.2.1 and Photoshop v. 20.0.10 "System Info" copies:

Photoshop 2020 Tools & Menu Tabs Problems.pdf

Very disappointing to have to go back in "version time". Any and all help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Photoshop 2020 Tools & Menu Tabs Problems_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! After new apdate while drawin with mouse it draws unprompted lines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version of what?

Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"New version of what?", I think the video's a dead giveaway 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone

M: Every drawing action snaps to upper left hand screen corner

I'd suggest you report it as a bug on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines