• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in vector masking?

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue on multiple occasions. I mask out an object using a vector mask and then I want to export it as a .png or jpg and the mask is all messed up. I see it in the export as dialog window and the finished file will have this error as well. I also see it in Lightroom.

DennisCa__0-1609398473455.png

Lightroom, exporting the file will result in it looking the same, so it's not just a bug in the preview:

DennisCa__1-1609398578696.png

I've no idea what to do in order to solve this, it's very annoying after I've spent time to mask out an image to have it look like that and be unusable. I've tried searching for similar bugs but not found anything so I make a post about it instead. I got the latest versions installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

There was at least one recent thread on something very similar, but I couldn’t reproduce the issue. 

• Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

• Does the mistake also happen if you put the Layer in a Group and apply the Vector Mask to the Group? 

• How exactly do you export? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried those suggestions but they did not change anything.

I export by going to the function found under: File -> Export -> Export As...

I just tried something however. I changed the density to 99% and the mask turned out correct. Back to 100% and the error returns.

I also managed to fix it by having the density at 100%, but feathering it to 0,1px. I think I will have to be satisfied with doing that for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also convert the Masked Layer to a Smart Object. 

Your work-arounds seem to indicate that there may be a legitimate bug at play, so maybe post a Report over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines