• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[BUG] Photohop 2020 new "Compositing engine" breaks files

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it seems that the compositing engine has major differences between PS2019 and PS2020 sadly it havent changed to the better. The incorrect rendering also breaks our workflow because when someone saves an PSD with the 2020er version where the bug occurs, the preview-information getting also buggy and so are the PDF Exports from Indesign etc. where the PSD was used in.
I tried to break it down so it might be clear what I mean:

ps2020_composition_engine_bug.jpg

So in PS2020 I first have to activate the "old compositing" engine to get back the correct rendering. So  it's not  the PSD itself that is broken but when I safe the file with the new compositing engine THE PREVIEW-INFORMATION IS BROKEN which affects all other Apps which are using the PSD like Indesign, Illustrator and so my Print-PDFs!

Is Adobe running out of testers? Are they testing the updates at all?
IDK but hell we rely on that tools!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the new compositing engine came in CC2019. It works correctly for most users, but if it doesn't just keep the box checked.

Most likely (after lengthy discussions last time), the problem is video driver related. With the new engine it's executed in the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply. Just to make sure: We also have PS2019 on our PCs (Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.7 20191017.r.87 2019/010/17: 1208010 x64) which shows the files correct. So this bug was intruduced in 2020.

Just to make sure that it's not GPU/Driver related I updated the drivers to the latest studio drivers from nvidia and checked it in multiple workstations with gtx1060, gtx1080 and gtx1080ti.

Technicly I think the layer is cropped to it's actual content to improve performance or better: to hide the lack of programming skills. Why? Because when I add a single dot-pixel in each corner, the shadows and stuff is beeing rendered like expected. This is just horrible bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe  support is not good it does  not fix reported bugs they feel will only effect a small percent of users. Adobe development does not test code well regression test is poor at best. They release new bugs in all new releases of Photoshop and leave old bugs in. Photoshop is not maintained well there are compatibility between versions and option cause Photoshop to work in inconsistent ways.   Photoshop is a Powerful and useful tool but it has quite a few faults.  There a millions of users using Photoshop  something like 12,000,000 users if 1% have problems that is only 120,000 as the number of Bugs grow the percentage will also grow at 10% the number of user with problems  will be 1,200,000 at some point in time Adobe may address bugs. Bugs thar are in CS2 are still in Photoshop 2020.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you werent right but sadly it's the truth. More and more features have been added but the key values have been lost over time. Adobe is trying an tranformation into everybodies darling which results in overweighted and slow software. Adobe was once a toolset for experts, running software on high end PCs in the need of speed and compatibility. This focus was totaly lost. But hell we can now use 3d objects in Photoshop, which glady slow downs everything else HORAY! Oh the ironie... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it the same bug reported here?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-can-t-open-old-psd-3d-file/m-p/10749960#M284...

If so, a bug report has been raised by Dave and you can add your comments and system info at this link:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/3d-gpu-preview-is-broken-in-v21

Jane

• • • Please use the first blue button at the top of the page to reply. This keeps replies in date / time order • • •

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jane,

no it's not about 3D in this case. It's about blend-modes combined with layer effects which seems to be handled incorrectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines