Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Every drawing action snaps to upper left hand screen corner

Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i need help with a bug.

in almost all drawing tools (brush, pen, smudge, copy, eraser, etc...) , after i click and drag a little to draw something, the tool will snap to the upper left hand corner of the screen space.

- this is the uptodate version of creative cloud photoshop in Germany

- I tried resetting Photoshop to defaults (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-Start)

- I tried resetting all tools to default via tool palette

- i tried resetting all brushes to defaults

- i tried restarting computer

- i tried disabling all other programms running (autohotkey, browser, mail-programs)

Hints are:

- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur.

- the bug will only occur if a click-and-drag. Doing just clicks, it won't jump to the corner

- not all tools have a smoothing-% setting, and those tools i can't get to work.

Please help.

kind regards,

Stephan Möbius

problem.jpg

[Moderator Note: PS-37593]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hi all,

Several folks over on our feedback forum have reported that last night's 21.1.1 update has resolved this for them.

For anybody still seeing this, can you;

• Update to 21.1.1
  • Let us know which version of Windows you're using and if the update fixes this for you?

Thanks & regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already the version I use. 21.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, there are three threads with the same problem using different tools, and all users are on 21.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: Two of them had a localized version, but one tried with an English reinstall, and is facing the same problem.

One had a video card with low memory and old drivers, but another affected user has a recent videocard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Looks like Windows 7 users are facing issues while using tools after the Photoshop 21.1. update. I have reported this further.

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this link: 
"- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur."

FALSE - I was able to reproduce the bug at 10% smoothing on brush tools. Also occurs with selection tool & patch tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Thread linked here:

This issue is present on Windows 10 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sophie, what is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by operating system ? Windows ? I'm with windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, merci, utilises-tu une tablette graphique? avec Wintab? Tablet support for Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non pas de tablette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,
today I had a problem when I tried in photoshop to cut into a photo using the quick selection tool in the sense that when I tried to cut close to the person, a line appeared that crossed the whole photo. I mean, I've never been able to completely select a person. Maybe I'm not well understood but if you give me an email address I will send you a picture or a short video made with the phone so you can see and understand what I'm talking about. I changed the mouse to a new one. Same with the mouse pad but the problem persists. I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop on PC. Yesterday everything worked fine, and today not without someone else walking to the PC to think that something has gone wrong.
Thanks

Screenshot_20200219_232800.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to this today. I now get random behaviour while using the polygon select tool and clone stamping. My selections shoot off to the right (at an angle). Never seen this behaviour before! Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not having the issue here with Photoshop version 21.1.0 on Windows 10,

Try resetting the Tools

2020-02-19 10_20_34-an_landscape_1920x1080_hd-wallpaper-424208.jpg @ 66.7% (Layer 1, RGB_8) _.png

If that doesn't help try doing a preferences reset, you may want to backup your custom settings before hand

Migrate presets, actions, and settings

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is it in a localized, or US english version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments. I'm presently using Windows 7 but this should change in the next few days to Windows 10, US English version (based in the UK) Let me know if you need any more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the others that reported the problem is using Windows 7. The other Windows 10 with a gaming mouse. Start by resetting all tools and your userid Photoshop Preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech support had me increase memory usage to 85% 6266mb  cach level 7  tile size 1024  Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem came back !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: When using the following tools (confirmed with Paintbrush, Clone Stamp, Patch Tool, Section Tool), Photoshop Version 21.1.0 will unexpectedly create a false input to an unselected point on the canvas in a rough cone shape. This false input also has an associated history state. 

Note: This is NOT related to holding Shift when using tools like the clone stamp.

Clone Stamp FALSE Input BugClone Stamp FALSE Input Bug

TL;DR - Photoshop 21.1 has a potentially dangerous bug wherein if the user does not notice the false input, it could potentially ruin the work, costing time, money, etc.

See this bug happen during a live streaming editing session:
FunnySaltyEggPogChamp
(Other stream viewers experienced the same bug independently).

Another example: 
Ta2A9TV

Platform: Wacom Intuos 4.0 Medium | Wacom Drivers 6.3.38-2 | Wintab TXT Fix = Active | Windows 10 
Solution/Workaround: 
None found - requesting hotfix.

21.1.0 Currently Unsable because of this bug - too dangerous to trust with professional workflow.

Warning: Back up workspace, preferences, toolbars, etc. before rolling back to a previous version.

Adobe conveniently erases everything in a rollback. SMH

Rant: End-users are not beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm, same thing is happening for me with version 21.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, there's been several threads on the topic, please post here: 

Photoshop 21.1: Every drawing action (Painting/selections) snaps to upper left hand screen corner (W...

please report your OS if you use a tablet, with the wintab fix or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linked and Updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify: this happens when using a Wacom tablet ONLY? Can you reproduce with trackpad and/or nouse input?

WM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines