• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add brushes to a CC library?

Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I heard Kyle's brushes would be useable in Adobe Sketch, so I decided to try to get that working. Unfortunately, aside from the free ones, nothing else would work. Kyle uses all Tool Presets anyway, so that's a bit misleading. I couldn't find any information on how to convert Tool Presets into Brushes that could be used in the library either. I also can't get Brush Presets to drag into a library (colors and graphics work.) (Gif below.) Using PS CC 2015.

Untitled.gif

Any help on any of these issues is appreciated! Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there ever be an answer to this question?

All tutorials on adobe say, that one could drag and drop brushes into the library, but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zenginejulia  wrote

Will there ever be an answer to this question?

All tutorials on adobe say, that one could drag and drop brushes into the library, but it doesn't work.

It's working for me.  Is there anything about your workflow that might be causing your issue?  I wonder if the way you display the brushes makes a difference?  No, I just tried setting to small list and it still works, so I can't think what is going on.  What version of Photoshop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a way to import .tpl files into the Library? I've tried find a tutorial on this all day and can't find an explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of, but there are ways of grouping tool presets easily.  Is that what you'd like to achieve? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I draw with Adobe Photoshop Sketch on my iPad Pro, and the only way to get brushes into Sketch is through the Library. But I can't seem to get .tpl tool presets (like Kyle's Brushes) into the Library. I thought they had fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nathaniel+Bluedorn  wrote

I draw with Adobe Photoshop Sketch on my iPad Pro, and the only way to get brushes into Sketch is through the Library. But I can't seem to get .tpl tool presets (like Kyle's Brushes) into the Library. I thought they had fixed this.

OK Nathaniel, I can see that would be a problem.  I don't use Sketch, and the Sketch forum does not get a lot of action, but I definitely woth a try.  Trawl through the posts over there, and if you find someone who seems to be switched on, send them a Private Message.  Especially if you can find a helpful Adobe member of staff.

Adobe Photoshop Sketch

This page mentions .tpl brushes, so it must be doable

Alex Dukal Store - AD Adobe Sketch Brushes

Do you have the latest version of Photoshop CC?  This thread says that is important, and it also features an Adobe staff member who appears to be on the Sketch team

Photoshop brushes in Sketch

Please let us know if you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nathaniel.

Actually, .tpl brushes can't be dragged into the Libraries panel, it's necessary to import an entire file. It's actually pretty easy to do inside of Sketch. One quick question: Are you using the most recent version (4.1) of Sketch (it was just released last Friday)?

If you aren't, go ahead and update. If you're already using that version, make sure you're working over a good/fast wifi connection then first:

TPLBrushes1.jpg

And then:

TPLBrushes2.jpg

If you have any trouble, email me through the in-app feedback (tap Settings then Send Feedback) or post on Adobe Photoshop Sketch (I don't get notified about posts on the Photoshop forum.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine will only save a brush from the preset manager, not the brush presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines