• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply Puppet Warp to a Smart Object using an action

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of at least PS 2020, there's a strange issue where trying to use an action to apply Puppet Warp as a Smart Filter on a Smart Object doesn't work. You can record applying the Puppet Warp to a Smart Object as a Smart Filter and that seems to work as expected, but if you then go back in the history to before the Puppet Warp was applied and run the action on the Smart Object, the History will show a Puppet Warp step but the Puppet Warp effects either don't get applied or don't get applied properly and the Puppet Warp itself doesn't appear on the Smart Object layer as a Smart Filter. This issue remains in PS 2021.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any fix for it? I have an Actions Suite I prepared using CC 2015 and everything works fine in that version, but the Puppet Warp actions won't play back properly in at least 2020 and later (I don't know if the problem affects any versions between 2015 and 2020. I initially wondered if there was some kind of compatibility issue with the actions prepared in CC 2015 but the problem persists even when those actions are re-recorded in 2021.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
People's Champ ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is better to write about the error here https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went and posted it over there. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the "Me Too" button there. Did they take it away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't find it too as earlier that was in upper right corner. Now it's sligthly visible on the left side where you can use green arrow or undo it by red arrow.

EDIT: I logged in to find out it's for Ideas only, not Problems 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines