• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import clipboard images...

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask this question if it has been addressed (but I did not see it). Please let me know how the steps of pasting an image (from Fn+Print Screen) into Photoshop. I had no problem with this before, now I get this prompt "Cannot import the clipboard image because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered." Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

If there is something in the clipboard.   When you use menu File>New the New File dialog should default to a new document Clipboard size.  Open that and the do a ctrl+V paste.

Clear the clipboard first

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "echo off | clip"

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is something in the clipboard.   When you use menu File>New the New File dialog should default to a new document Clipboard size.  Open that and the do a ctrl+V paste.

Clear the clipboard first

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "echo off | clip"

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JJMack for your reply. That makes sense. I am familiar with Photoshop to know the basics and that was the first thing I did. I've been using Photoshop for eight years and this has only become an issue with the new online version (versus software that I installed years ago to a now old PC/laptop).

The system is not recognizing there is something in the clipboard. Below is the prompt I get when I attempt to paste (Ctrl+V). It does not recognize  that there is something is in clipboard when I attempt to Open a new file, but even if I select one of the other options, I should be able to paste whatever is in the clipboard, but it won't even do that without giving me the prompt below (which was a screen print from Photoshop and pasted here). I read somewhere that I should delete "Prefs" files. Did that too, but nothing changed.

Welcome to other ideas. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the posting on removing the preference file, but this didn't work either.

3. Re: end of file issues with photoshop CC

Barbara AshAdobe Community Professional

Yes, you can manually delete the preferences file.

First, quit Photoshop!

Then navigate to:

MAC

~/Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

and delete the Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Prefs.psp file

WINDOWS 7

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

and Delete the Adobe photoshp CCx Prefs.psp and Adobe Photoshp X64 CCx Prefs.sps files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows and I would not state that Microsoft Clipboard and its Shortcut keys are perfect.  I have hat problem at time getting what I want in the clipboard into the clipboard.  Sometime the clipboard  may be empty when I tried to capture or copy something into it and other time something  I tried to replace in the clipboard is still in it  and some there seems there is a buffered entry for if I do a second paste I get a different paste content.  However I have never received an error like you get. "Cannot import the clipboard image because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered." I have no idea why there would be any file involved in the process for I have no idea as to how Microsoft implemented Windows clipboard.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to work seamlessly in Photoshop Elements (even though it was the junior version of PS), but doesn't in Photoshop. If someone figures this out I'd sure like to know how you got it to work. THanks, Jack 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this on Photoshop Elements 15 and it works like a charm:

• File
    • New
      • Blank File CTRL N
      • Image from Clipboard

No trouble at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have it:

• In Photoshop go to File
    • New

Then you get a dialog box as shown below:

Clipboard Action.JPG

Notice the "Document Type:" box says "Clipboard".

Click OK

You get a white box that looks like it might not be the right size.

Don't try to change it.

Just type CTRL-V.

Your pasted clipboard image appears inside the white box.

Let me know if this works for you!

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines