• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC17 - Nik Software ... I Have The Answer! Yay!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I got it straight!  And this is what I did... 

1.)  Completely UNINSTALL "All" Nik software/filters from your computer.

2.)  Go to https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

3.)  Download Nik Collection

4.)  Make sure Photoshop is NOT open and then Install Nik Collection - it will show what programs it will be installed in.

I always restart my computer when finished and then open Photoshop CC 2017 and WaLa!  It will be there!

Good Luck --- Hope it works for everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Shouldn't need to uninstall the NIK plug-ins.  Just install CC 2017 and run it at least once.  Then reinstall NIK which will find CC 2017, and overwrite the original installation.  Always check the plug-in maker's support pages when having issues around things like Photoshop updates.  They will invariably have the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're lucky. I haven't been able to successfully install Nik filters since CC 2015.0. After losing Nik products with CC 2015.5 I had to revert to CC 2015.0 and haven't updated Photoshop since. Today I had other things on my mind and just clicked "update all" falling back down the rabbit hole. After 45 minutes online with Adobe, including a remote session with a tech support operator (who I had to override as she was about to drag all my Adobe applications to the trash) I've given up and reinstalled CC 2015.0 again. Sure enough, there are all my plugins, working just fine. It's abysmal to be paying for the latest version by subscription but find that Adobe makes no effort to ensure compatibility with a product used by hundreds of thousands of photographers. Not to just bash Adobe, Google's benevolent gesture of buying Nik software, to give it away to the masses, has proven to be nothing but negative IMHO. Their disinterest in updating the software is blatantly obvious. Their purchase of the responsibility for Nik only to abandon the product line is nothing but a disservice to the photographic community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines