• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:

Mac OS X Version 10.6.5

Photoshop 5 Version 12.1 64x

Suitcase Fusion 3 Version 14.2.0 (319)

This "could not complete your request because of a program error" message now shows up every time I start up Photoshop 5. (It hasn't always.)

I have defaulted Photoshop's preferences back to the original state and it still comes up consistently.

Also, more often than not, for files created in CS3, I receive the message "The type layers in this document were rasterized because something prevented the text engine from being initialized."

In some files, there is only one font used, and I've checked to ensure that it's not corrupt.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you have a corrupt font on your system.

But also, you're several bug fix releases behind on your OS (should be 10.6.8), and some of those bug fixes were to the OS font system.

AND you're running a font manager that sometimes causes problems.

First, update the OS.

Then try running without Suitcase and see if the problem goes away.  And see if there are updates available for suitcase.

If those steps don't work, then try the font troubleshooting steps at : http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop-cs5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing some of the same issues running windows 7 x64.

Dell Precision T3500

Intel Xeon 2.4GHz

12.0 GB Ram

x64

Windows 7 sp 1

Adobe Photoshot v13.0 x64

We had created images in CS3, clean install of CS5, then upgraded to CS6.  We expereience this error when opening 70% of the images. Even new images created in CS6, saved local or on the network, it doesn't seem to matter. This is happening on the two machines in th eorganization that use CS.  This is extremely frustrating as these are on new machines, fully patched. Please I need some guidence.

Logs showed this:

2012:05:30 15:23:51 : ..\..\sources\UPlacedLayer.cpp : 2931 : REQUIRE failed

2012:05:31 15:29:18 : ..\..\sources\UPlacedLayer.cpp : 2931 : REQUIRE failed

Help? please???

Mike

Message was edited by: APCO_Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

APCO_Mike,

Are you running Suitcase also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no we are not running Suitcase.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Event Log in OS?  See if you can find the entry Defaulting Module, that indicates where the error lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Event Viewer in Windows does not indicate any failures for Adobe.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any other options?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps are you doing to create the error?

What extension in image?

Any problems previewing in Bridge?  Will it open correctly if double clicked from Bridge?

Message was edited by: Curt Y  Chris is the expert so heed his advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original jpeg image is opened in Photoshop and immediately a duplicate layer is created for photo manipulation. The “background” layer is hidden. The file is saved in a directory on the network server, performed as a “Save As” and renamed. The “background copy” layer is edited and file is saved. When the psd file is attempted to be accessed, the error message is displaying.

The original image file is a jpeg. The saved file is a .psd

The file previews in Bridge, but opening it from Bridge, the same error is displayed.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving to a network volume is usually a bad idea - and that could be the source of the problem.

And the saved PSD is the problem, not the JPEG.

But somehow Photoshop believes that it is reading a smart object from the PSD file - so either you have a smart object in there, or your files are getting corrupted in an oddly repeatable way.

Are you running any sort of automation on the server (like XiNet)?

Are you running any event based automation scripts that modify all your files (like XiNet)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those REQUIRES failing mean that you have a smart object in the file, but that data inside the file for a smart object is corrupt (types don't match).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have the same problem, when opening ANY image, no matter what format. Except from pasting it into a new stage, there is absolutely no way of opening an image in Photoshop now.

But I have to add, I already processed a lot of image data in the current session. I will try to reboot the system. If this still persits, thanks god I still have CS5 installed, because CS6 would have become completely useless.

Nevertheless, it is not really that useful if you have to reboot the whole machine all the time, just to be able to load an image into Photoshop.

I also shut down both bridge and photoshop and restarted them, that didn't help. Maybe one of those services is actually causing the error.

...and I have 32GB of RAM, at least that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Just when I finished writing this, there was the update window from Adobe, offering me the next update! Yay. Maybe that even this window somehow caused this error... the first update trial also failed, but after a fresh boot, everything is working fine again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running, Ninarama?

I run my Windows 7 system literally for weeks without reboot and have seen no problems opening images into Photoshop as far back as I can remember - which may be measured in days; how would I know?   

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Win7 x64 and it also runs days after days without needing to reboot, especially because of the 32GB RAM. So even if there's a memory leak somewhere, if it's in a 64bit program, you won't even notice it for the first 10-20 days.

But I think it was actually the adobe updater that interfered with Photoshop when I got this error. Now it seems to be gone, I hope it won't come back. And I hope it was just the updater. Everything else would mean having to reboot more often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good.  From what I can see so far the 13.0.1 update is at least as stable as its predecessor, so sailing for me at least has been pretty smooth over the past few days - not that it was bad before.  I have been trying to keep Photoshop up on the same run of the executable as long as possible, just to see if problems accumulate, but a need to use some 32 bit plug-ins saw me close the 64 bit version a little while ago so I've started over.  I normally tend to close Photoshop between tasks nowadays, since with an SSD array I get pretty quick startup times.

I wish some of the old plug-ins I use were as stable.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The startup time feels even quicker than in CS5, sometimes just 3 seconds compared to about 5 before.

I didn't even install CS6 32bits, but unfortunately I also had to use a 32bit plugin (Focus Magic) and had to start Photoshop CS5 which kind of distorted my workflow, especially the new Digital Raw process.

I wonder why it's seemingly impossible to write some kind of "64bit=>32bit adapter" so you can load 32bit plugins into the 64bit program. But that would be worth another topic

I recently got this notebook (a Dell m4600) and upgraded it as much as possible (SSD, IPS panel, i7 Quadcore with virtually 8 cores, 32GB RAM), and most Adobe programs can finally access all this hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I wonder why it's seemingly impossible to write some kind of "64bit=>32bit adapter" so you can load 32bit plugins into the 64bit program.

Because Microsoft and Apple won't allow a 64 bit process to even load a 32 bit DLL (and vice-versa).

So such an adapter would have to be a separate program, communicating via shared memory or RPC with the main program, that contained the entire Photoshop plugin API to host the non-native plugin.

That would be a huge amount of work to write, test, and maintain, and kinda slow to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ninarama wrote:

I also had to use a 32bit plugin (Focus Magic)

As it turns out, one and the same plug-in I was using, among several others.  I wrote them an eMail asking if they needed a software engineer to contract with them to get their code ported to 64 bit. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error message when I've tried to draw a rectangle. After restaring the application the error message didn't show up anymore.

I have Photoshop CS6 runing on Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same message when trying to open a RAW file in CS6, if I cancel the message the image opens OK, very strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just imported and converted to dng some 60 images into LR4 I set about processing ready to upload to Alamy once finished in LR4 I send to CS2 for completion, all went well with the first 5 but on the sixth the message (could not complete your request because of a program error) popped up. I have never had this problem when just running CS2, but as I am new to LR4 and could be doing something wrong their.

This same situation has been going on for a while now and I have be unable to resolve. can anyone advise please.

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines