• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not import the clipboard because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered.

New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is particularly annoying.  I use Creative Suite 2, Photoshop

with Windows XP Pro.  I have the latest update(s).

When I open Photoshop, I constantly receive the message "Could not

import the clipboard because an unexpected end-of-file was

encountered."  I hit [OK] and the message reappears in about 5 sec.

I have both run Photoshop as the first ap on the computer (prior to

anything being on the Clipboard) and I ahve manually cleared the

Clipboard.

I have also re-installed the CS2.

Please help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Instructions which can help you:

1) Open Photoshop.

2) Press and hold "Alt," "Control" and "Shift" at the same time as the program launches.

3) Select the option to delete all current settings. All the preferences and settings you have altered will be returned to their original default.

4) Close all applications and navigate to your Photoshop plug-in folder. The location of this will depend on the version of Windows you're using. If you're using a 32-bit edition, you'll find it at "C:/Program Files/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Photoshop and the press print screen to capture the screen to the clipboard. Change the clipboard content. The try Photoshop.

You should also get off XP Microsoft no longer supports it and security wholes are not being plugged. If you connect  to the web you are asking to be attacked.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this saved a life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions which can help you:

1) Open Photoshop.

2) Press and hold "Alt," "Control" and "Shift" at the same time as the program launches.

3) Select the option to delete all current settings. All the preferences and settings you have altered will be returned to their original default.

4) Close all applications and navigate to your Photoshop plug-in folder. The location of this will depend on the version of Windows you're using. If you're using a 32-bit edition, you'll find it at "C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS4/Plug-Ins." If you're using a 64-bit edition, you'll find it either at "C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS4/Plug-Ins" or "C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS4/Plug-Ins."

5) Select any plug-ins not published by Adobe and follow the instructions to remove them.

6) Visit the Photoshop update page to search for and apply updates for the version you're using.

7) Relaunch Photoshop and test it.

As alternative solutions might be presented...

http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/adobe/adobe-aa/photoshop/1486-error-message-in-psd-file - ask questions and read various cases of .psd file corruption

https://www.repairtoolbox.com/photoshoprepair.html Photoshop Repair Toolbox - one of the tools provided restoration of corrupted .psd files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these results and answers are BS. I just installed photoshop 2015 on windows 10, fresh install.

There are no plugins in the plugins folder besides - "generator" whatever that is. and the folder is empty.

pressing ctrl, shift, alt, clears the settings but again, is a useless waste of time if you literally just installed photoshop. so sick of official solutions that never work, so annoying and a complete waste of time. This solution did not help, and was useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Photoshop does not install Plug-ins into Photoshop and also does not migrated Plug-in you have installed in other versions of Photoshop.  If you want to use a Plug-in in Photoshop you need to install it into Photoshop after you have installed the version of Photoshop you will be using.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Ctl, alt,shift didn't do anything. Contacting Adobe was frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This sounds familiar ps doesn't always paste images well. Just to get the
image in you might wanna save the image and open it plainly. What are the
circumstances exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines