Highlighted

Could not save “Filename.psd” because of a program error.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have just started experiencing this error upon saving edits on an existing .psd file.

I am updated up to the most recent Photoshop version and have a perfectly functioning system. 

One workaround I have found is to save the project with another name and then delete the old .psd and rename the new one properly, although it's an annoying procedure considering I tend to save every 5 minutes to not lose anything.

Thanks to all who can help me!

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not save “Filename.psd” because of a program error.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have just started experiencing this error upon saving edits on an existing .psd file.

I am updated up to the most recent Photoshop version and have a perfectly functioning system. 

One workaround I have found is to save the project with another name and then delete the old .psd and rename the new one properly, although it's an annoying procedure considering I tend to save every 5 minutes to not lose anything.

Thanks to all who can help me!

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Are you working locally or across a network? 

And have you done a Forum Search? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-quot-could-not-complete-your-request-because...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a solve for this? This is happening to me too. I tried save on my local disk as well as an external drive and same thing is happening everywhere. I'm running on latest macOS Catalina 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that the location where you're trying to save is write-protected? Or actually a file you're saving?

Are you trying to save in the same location when you do Save As.. ? and t hen it's working?

What's your system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 1