• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 activation error

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling CS3 I can no longer register due to the activation error.   I followed the procedures to obtain a new serial number and am still having the same error using the new serial number. 

I have been at this for 3 days, I NEED to have it fixed as I am trying to make the memorial cards for my mothers funeral in 2 days. 

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you uninstalled the existing CS3 and installed the new non-activation CS3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't.  Where can I download the non activation?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the steps here under Sign In To Begin

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

The first thing it asks you to do is enter your CS3 serial number so have that handy.

You'll then be given a new non-activation CS3 serial number plus a new link to download the non-activation version of CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled adobe CS3, got a new activation code and downloaded the version of CS3.  I install the new version and am never asked to input the new activation code and when I open CS3, it says I need to activate it again.  I try and get a connection error, again.  After that, I uninstalled again, used the cleaner program and shut down overnight.  I re-installed the CS3 I downloaded from the Adobe web site and still get an activation/connection error.  Please, please, please, help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ken, there is 1 more step (after the uninstall, prior to reinstall) that you need to carry out that worked for me;

Delete cache.db file from Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

After installing from the new CS3 installer, I was asked for my new serial code and then was told "Registration - Connection Failure". This is registration not activation so I clicked "Never Register" and my CS3 has now successfully started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines