• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] CS3 new serial number and installer [CS3 is dead]

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS3, and have had problems with activation failure. Got told that this would do the trick: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

"Receive a new serial number and installer  Get a new serial number and installer so you can reinstall CS3 or Acrobat 8 applications successfully. These special versions do not require activation."

I followed the instruction very carefully, yet everything is exactly the same as before, same message about activation failure.

What's the catch? Do I have to say a magic word or something?

I really need to get this working, please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

It's now 2020. As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone. And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers. Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead and gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not clear on the problem.

You went to this page, got a new cs3 installer and serial, then when you try to download the file, what exactly happens?

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not working. This is really wasting time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not working?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for responding.

I am sorry as I am really frustrated with the re-installation of CS3. I have just gotten a new notebook and I would like to use Photoshop on it. However, I need to uninstall and re-install a new version. I am unable to download the new version as installer keeps going to the app stores.

Please help. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system does your new notebook have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I got it to install but it's back at the Activation - No Connection screen again. It never asked for the new serial number. *sigh. This shouldn't be this hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VICTORY! Thanks so much! Deleting that Cache file did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ask a question, please answer it so we can give advice: "can you let us know ALL of the files you see in that folder? A screen shot would be fine but you CANNOT email it, or a list of what you see."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry!  Because I already executed, I no longer see what I was supposed to click on, so I can't screenshot it for you.  However, the screen shot looks exactly like the shot posted in response to an August 11, 2017, post by gunterr called: Reactivating CS3 (Updated).  If you go to page 2 of that discussion, you'll find someone named dkmangum70 posed on October 11, 2017 the screenshot that you are looking for.  The trouble I had was that this screenshot highlighted (in blue) the file called WinBootstrapper1.cab.  However, that was NOT the file I needed to click on.  Rather the file called "Setup.exe" was the file that made my CS3 magically work!  I hope this is helpful.  I am not a computer expert at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I guess that would be this:

setup.exe.JPG

This looks good. You'd run the SETUP.EXE file and let it do the rest. However, I don't see the "Goodies" or "Documentation" folders you referred to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the install, there were two main files.  One had 3 sub-files with the "goodies" and the "documentation" (and maybe one other) listed.  The other had the sub-files that are in that screen shot. After I posted my question, I kept clicking on things and found that I had the same set up as that screen shot, but I was stuck on his highlighted blue file (and the fact that it did nothing).  But his description said something about the .exe file. . . so I clicked on it and YEA! it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2020. As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone. And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers. Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead and gone.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's a great start to a new decade. 😞 Just upgraded to Win 10 to ensure my Oculus Rift would continue working, and I've now lost the Creative Suite I paid all that money for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12 year old software is of no interest to anyone anymore.  It's time to modernize.

A Photography Plan costs only $10/month. 

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Or get Photoshop Elements 2020. No subscription needed.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. I have various pieces of 15+ year old software (e.g. embroidery digitising software, sewing pattern-making software) that were very expensive to buy and still work 100% fine. I thought I was buying a perpetual lience when I purchased Creative Suite and was still using it regularly for artwork. I don't want to start paying a monthly subscription for something I have already bought and paid for, and which suits my needs. It's a real shame the OS upgrade bumped out the activation code - it didn't for any of the other licenced software I have installed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry.  There is nothing anybody can do.  Even if you could re-install, CS3 was built to run on Vista and XP with SP2, not Windows 10 with latest updates.  There's no guarantee it would install much less run properly. 

Gimp is open source.

Paint Shop Pro is another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 worked perfectly for my needs. I am not an illustrator or a professional photographer. I do not want to pay $20.99/Month for a  product that I am going to use once every 3 months. Do you know of another antiquated version of Photoshop that I can open without paying an extortion fee? I find it rediculous that because something is old it is worthless. (And I know that on page 419 it tells me that Adobe can steal a poduct that I paid a lot of money for, simply because their name is on it). So by that resoning can Ford come and take my car away because their name is on the grill? I am not asking for ANY updates, I just want to be able to use something that I paid money for, no matter how long ago I paid for it. It isn't costing Adobe anything (Except for the fact that if we own the software, we wont be buying into their monthly Cloud service). This is nothing short of theft!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of another antiquated version of Photoshop that I can open without paying a fee?

Nope.  You missed the opportunity to upgrade your Creative Suite software.  Adobe stopped selling Creative Suite 6 in 2017.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I too am in the same boat with not getting CS3 activated and purchased a subscription to CC2020 Photography Plan.   It's great and a nice upgrade for my brand new MacBook Pro.  My question concerns getting a version of CC Photoshop that will run on my back up second MacBook that can only run MacOS El Capitan.  My CC2020 license agreemend states I can run CC on two machines but not simultaneously which I am fine with.  

Is there a method or link that I can go to to get a compatible older version of CC for El Capitan?  Thanks!  -Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For El Capitan, you need Photoshop 2018.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html#PhotoshopCC18xsystemrequ...

However,  2018 was removed from the CC Desktop App when 2020 came out.  But  I think you can still get a direct download link for it from Adobe Customer Care.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This worked perfectly!  Support linked the installer for cc2018 and it installed without a hitch.   Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to activate my boxed version of CS3 on my Powermac G5 running OSX 10.5.8. I began an Adobe support case in November and was told all is fine and a replacement/updated  serial number is something Adobe readily supplies via a link. When we tried the wizbang adobe link it was not openable by 10.5.8's internet browser's (we tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox). I've been on the hunt for a solution ever since and today found it, being the Tenforfox browser. Yippee (celebartion short lived). I immediately went back to the support case officer to have the serial number link activated BUT appatently its not working now) WHY ???  . I REALLY NEED this version of CS3 up and running asap. Can anyone please offer a solution to a workable serial number so I can load my CS3. THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  If you see my comment to "NelsonDad" Adobe has finally killed CS3. There is no way to re-activate it on a new or any computer. I bought a copy of Elements 2020, it is under $100 and you do not have to pay a subscription fee. We had many good years with CS3 and I would have had many more, but the new program is just as good and I would say, a little better. Like everyone else I HATE change, Especially when you know your old program. I think with a few hours of 'messing' with it, you will see that Elements 2020 is better. There are elements of it, especially if you work in the "Expert" mode, that work the same and are a nice upgrade to CS3. Good luck, I know how much this stinks, I am going through it myself. I think if you buy 2020 you will like it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank DcmDom. I've replied in post below. Unfortunately my computers architecture doesnt allow for newer versiosn of PS so the options you suggested are now not workable for me :((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines