• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6: why is filters / distortion / polar coordinates greyed out?

Contributor ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a linear pano successfully comprising 7 images and now I am trying to create a circular pano but cannot use filters / distortion / polar coordinates as it's all greyed out.Why is that? Is there an image size limit? I am running CS6 on an iMac with OS High Sierra 10.13.4.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the image’s Color Mode, bit depth and pixel dimensions?

Edit: In particular is the image above 30.000 px in any dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Image colour mode: ProPhoto RGB

Bit depth: 16 bit. Although I have tried it at 8 bit but no change.

Image size 4500 x 4500px. I have reduced the image size to see if that worked but no luck.

Res: 300dpi

I have not converted to smart object if that helps.

Up to creating the square pano needed for making a circular one there was no problem after I reduced the size of each constituent image layer to a more manageable size. I really don't know what I need to do now. Appreciate any help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have solved it. I saw all the 7 constituent image layers were open so I flattened the image and it worked. I was then able to proceed. Not perfect yet but at least I seem to have solved my initial problem. If anyone has done this successfully and has a technique I would be glad of any further guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have solved it. I saw all the 7 constituent image layers were open so I flattened the image and it worked.

Hopefully you mean »converted them to a Smart Object«.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you mean »converted them to a Smart Object«.

No I didn't do that. Should I?

I saw this after posting. Good for anyone interested in making a circular pano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wZZXt6y_Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wZZXt6y_Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I?

Of course, applying Filters as Smart Filters offers the benefit of future edibility.

Working non-destructively in Photoshop is in general highly advisable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I totally agree but smart filters is an area I don't know much about. So, as I deleted all the seven original layers to expedite, what exactly should I have done please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion (and others may disagree) you may have wanted to convert the whole shebang to one Smart Object and applied the Filter to that.

But maybe I misunderstand the file’s nature, so what is/was the Layer structure exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.... so what is/was the Layer structure exactly?

7 tiff image layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines